babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Arduous interim service - diesel fuuel in oil - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Maintenance (/Forum-Maintenance)
+--- Thread: Arduous interim service - diesel fuuel in oil (/Thread-Arduous-interim-service-diesel-fuuel-in-oil)

Arduous interim service - diesel fuuel in oil - JimC - 18-02-2019 11:21pm

I own an MY17 Evoque diesel. Recently the vehicle required an "Arduous interim service" (oil and filter replacement) after the service warning came on prematurely. The dealer said that diesel fuel had diluted the oil, caused by interruption of the diesel particle filter (DPF) cleaning cycle. He said that the cycle results in more fuel in the combustion chambers and if the engine is turned off mid-cycle, that fuel seeps past the rings into the sump.

Is the dealer correct in his assessment? As there is no warning light for the DPF cleaning cycle, how can this problem be avoided?

I appreciate any help with this.

RE: Arduous interim service - diesel fuuel in oil - XFullFatTim - 19-02-2019 01:17am

The dealership is correct but it can also be caused by too much use of the auto stop/start. JLR are not the only manufacturer having this issue with their diesels, all manufacturers suffer it to some extent. There sure huge treads about this on the Disco forums, DiscoSport forums, RRSport forums and Range Rover forums. Land Rover’s attitude is their usual one “you aren’t driving the car correctly” but it isn’t that at all it is their failure to design a proper DPF cleaning cycle.

Arduous interim service - diesel fuuel in oil - bigmac3161 - 19-02-2019 03:58pm

Hope they did the service for free as it’s technically covered under warranty that’s what they told me. To many short journeys and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk