babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
In Control Touch Pro - Receiving Text Messages - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: In Control Touch Pro - Receiving Text Messages (/Thread-In-Control-Touch-Pro-Receiving-Text-Messages)

In Control Touch Pro - Receiving Text Messages - Barefoot1999 - 31-01-2019 07:29pm

New to Forum - Purchased a 2017 HSE Evoque mid summer 2018. I was shocked to find such a high end luxury vehicle could not receive text messages. Reading numerous forums I discovered similar shock and frustration among other owners of Evoques who have the 10.2" ICTP. It seems that lower end models with the smaller screen and buttons on the side CAN receive text messages. I have recently upgraded my 2017 ICTP to version 18c which, according to the release, provides receiving of text messages. Unfortunately, this isn't the case for my vehicle. I have even contacted Range Rover Corporate support to discuss. After verifying my VIN they informed me that my 2017 was actually built in Sept 2016 and therefore cannot support text messaging. They stated it must be able to support Carplay. I am not accepting this statement. There are lots of vehicles on the road that do not have Carplay and can receive text messages. Can anyone on this forum who owns an Autobiography or HSE 2017 Evoque confirm they are receiving text messages on the 10.2" ICTP? Please do not flame me for wanting to receive a text and the safety of driving. I have no intention of replying to any text I receive. If it is absolutely urgent then I can pull over to the side of the road and respond.

RE: In Control Touch Pro - Receiving Text Messages - XFullFatTim - 31-01-2019 08:27pm

Why are you reading your phone while you are driving, you are supposed to be concentrating on the road not SMS messages. My £32000 Mini will read text/emails to me via Apple Car Play and I can dictate them back to the car........... but then it doesn’t have the terrible JLR ICTP system, it has the even more horrible BMW multimedia system............

RE: In Control Touch Pro - Receiving Text Messages - Barefoot1999 - 31-01-2019 08:36pm

(31-01-2019 08:27pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Why are you reading your phone while you are driving, you are supposed to be concentrating on the road not SMS messages. My £32000 Mini will read text/emails to me via Apple Car Play and I can dictate them back to the car........... but then it doesn’t have the terrible JLR ICTP system, it has the even more horrible BMW multimedia system............

I guess you didn't read the line I said to not flame me for wanting to receive a text in my car. If you no longer own a RR then why respond in the first place?

In Control Touch Pro - Receiving Text Messages - herbert1804 - 01-02-2019 06:48pm

I have an HSE registered in November 2017 and there is no option I can see to get text messages.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

RE: In Control Touch Pro - Receiving Text Messages - Barefoot1999 - 01-02-2019 06:53pm

(01-02-2019 06:48pm)herbert1804 Wrote:  I have an HSE registered in November 2017 and there is no option I can see to get text messages.

herbert1804,

Thanks for the confirmation. Very disappointing. I was hoping to find someone who can confirm they can receive messages. I'm still amazed an SE of this same model/year can receive messages using a different infotainment screen.

In Control Touch Pro - Receiving Text Messages - herbert1804 - 01-02-2019 08:32pm

To be honest I’ve never given a thought to text messages before you posted. I read somewhere that CarPlay was now available as an installable option on our Evoques. Not sure how true that is.

RE: In Control Touch Pro - Receiving Text Messages - Barefoot1999 - 01-02-2019 08:38pm

(01-02-2019 08:32pm)herbert1804 Wrote:  To be honest I’ve never given a thought to text messages before you posted. I read somewhere that CarPlay was now available as an installable option on our Evoques. Not sure how true that is.

CarPlay should be available with your MY since it is late 2017. CarPlay was first available with ICTP version 18c. I was told it is NOT available for my MY since it was actually manufactured Sept 2016. Not sure what the difference is. In Control Touch on mine SHOULD be the same as yours, in theory.

In Control Touch Pro - Receiving Text Messages - herbert1804 - 02-02-2019 10:10am

Interesting. Anyone know what they charge to upgrade to CarPlay?

RE: In Control Touch Pro - Receiving Text Messages - Kiteflier - 02-02-2019 04:05pm

Hi, I just wondered if you have allowed notifications on your phone. This isn't automatically switched on when linking your iPhone via Bluetooth to the evoque. If not, go to Bluetooth on your phone, select your car the toggle the notification switch on. Hope this helps. Oh and I think you'll need the phase 4 update.

The apple car play upgrade seems to be around £200. This may be negotiationable with you dealer.

[/quote]

RE: In Control Touch Pro - Receiving Text Messages - XFullFatTim - 02-02-2019 09:30pm

(31-01-2019 08:36pm)Barefoot1999 Wrote:  I guess you didn't read the line I said to not flame me for wanting to receive a text in my car. If you no longer own a RR then why respond in the first place?
Because I am the forum moderator even though I haven’t owned a Evoque since 2015. I log in virtually daily to see that you are all behaving and remove spam posts that members report and occasionally I contribute too. Sorry to have upset you. BTW i’m no here today gone tomorrow Land Rover product owner having been buying them for almost 30 years and my last RRS was my 12th LR product and my other vehicle is still a Land Rover made product.