babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
SD4 2.2l - ECO function - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: SD4 2.2l - ECO function (/Thread-SD4-2-2l-ECO-function)

Pages: 1 2

SD4 2.2l - ECO function - Gingy - 29-01-2019 09:34pm

hello everyone, new baby RR owner here. I have a button on the centre console with ECO on it. By default it is illuminated amber. It is possible to turn it on and off. But I have know idea what it does. According to the hand book it is intelligent engine stop/start, but also says this is for manual gearbox only. My RR is 9 speed auto and the engine does not stop/start when i come to a stand still. Can anyone shed some light on this please?

RE: SD4 2.2l - ECO function - Koidream - 29-01-2019 10:13pm

You can easily find more info over the never or sometimes working Start/ stop on the forum.
Mine worked at least 5 times over the last 4 years (but not more then 10 times).
Another nice to sell gadget, but useless...

http://babyrr.com/forum/search.php?action=results&sid=802b481817eb4699cba83bce5d81b89a&sortby=lastpost&order=desc

RE: SD4 2.2l - ECO function - XFullFatTim - 30-01-2019 10:30am

Are you sure that your stop start battery is fully charged and what is the ambient air temperature as it won’t work below 5c or if you have all the heated things switched on. Also you need to read the owners manual for how to make it work. There is another ECO button which is fir the aircon but my advice is to not use it and leave the climate control running in auto and just adjust the temperature setting, it helps to remove condensation that may form in the car in cold wet weather and a damp interior doesn’t prolong the life of some of the electronics

RE: SD4 2.2l - ECO function - Koidream - 30-01-2019 10:42am

Battery has been changed after 1 year and the new one worked for a couple of times (the first few days). No matter if it is spring, summer autumn or winter, the damned system won't work.
I am not gonna replace the battery another time, because this RRE is going to make place for another (NOT RR product) very soon.

RE: SD4 2.2l - ECO function - Gingy - 30-01-2019 08:24pm

(30-01-2019 10:30am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Are you sure that your stop start battery is fully charged and what is the ambient air temperature as it won’t work below 5c or if you have all the heated things switched on. Also you need to read the owners manual for how to make it work. There is another ECO button which is fir the aircon but my advice is to not use it and leave the climate control running in auto and just adjust the temperature setting, it helps to remove condensation that may form in the car in cold wet weather and a damp interior doesn’t prolong the life of some of the electronics

Thanks for suggestions, ambient has been hovering 0 to 5 degrees, and needless to say, heating, heated seats and steering wheel have been on pretty much constant, so this is probably the reason for the system not working. However im still a bit confused as the user manual has no mention of intelligent stop/start system and auto transmission, only manual, as it makes reference to depressing the clutch to activateSurprised

RE: SD4 2.2l - ECO function - Koidream - 30-01-2019 09:03pm

Mine is an automatic, and everything for start/stop is provided. It even worked ... like 10 times

RE: SD4 2.2l - ECO function - Gingy - 30-01-2019 09:12pm

(30-01-2019 09:03pm)Koidream Wrote:  Mine is an automatic, and everything for start/stop is provided. It even worked ... like 10 times

Thanks for comments and feedback. After doing a bit more research, it seems that the RRE stop/start function is not the best. I would like to witness it working sometimes tho. Will have to wait for warmer weather i guess

RE: SD4 2.2l - ECO function - Koidream - 30-01-2019 09:16pm

(30-01-2019 09:12pm)Gingy Wrote:  ...I would like to witness it working sometimes tho. Will have to wait for warmer weather i guess
And when you get it to work, do not forget to play the LOTTO immediately LaughingLaughingLaughing

RE: SD4 2.2l - ECO function - XFullFatTim - 31-01-2019 08:22pm

I never had a single issue other than the “battery low start engine immediately” warning that indicates the stop/start battery is flat/low on charge, with either of my Evoques- I loved the system but you need to apply heavy pressure to the footbrake, apply the hand brake before removing your foot from the footbrake and it helps to be in N as well to get it to work with the autos. I never had a issue with it in my RRS either and my Countryman’s system works fine too although I’m usually in electric mode for town driving when I would be using stop/start and in electric only mode, the trick then is to judge the slow down to the lights so you don’t use the brakes at al but let the regen system slow you down and add charge to the drive battery.

RE: SD4 2.2l - ECO function - Koidream - 31-01-2019 08:45pm

I've never seen the “battery low start engine immediately” warning. Does that mean the battery is good. It has to be good because a new 1 week old battery didn't resolve the problem...