babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Haldex Pump - Different versions? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Haldex Pump - Different versions? (/Thread-Haldex-Pump-Different-versions)

Haldex Pump - Different versions? - dan_uk_1984 - 27-09-2018 04:13pm

Hi guys,

The garage is struggling to order a service kit for my haldex unit - saying there are different haldex units and they can't figure out which it is?

Microcat only shows one - anyone know if there are multiple haldex units?

Thanks,

Dan

RE: Haldex Pump - Different versions? - rchrdleigh - 27-09-2018 08:11pm

There are different versions, referred to as Generations, take a look at the wikepedia link.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haldex_Traction

As yours is a 2012 model it will probably be a Generation 4 Haldex unit.

RE: Haldex Pump - Different versions? - dan_uk_1984 - 28-09-2018 10:07am

Thanks, the 2012 is no more, I wrote it off a week ago on the M1 when I had a meeting with the concrete central reservation. I'll update sig shortly.

This is a 2013 (2014MY) SD4. It came up saying 2WD only, so it's with the supply dealer (indy) he's taken it to his garage - they say the Haldex oil service kit I suggested they use is not right for this Haldex unit?

As far as I can see, there is only one type. I was aware the diff changed - but thought the actual Haldex pump has remained unchanged throughout the years? The Evoque is still fairly new to me, so still learning.

Thanks,

Dan

RE: Haldex Pump - Different versions? - RogB - 28-09-2018 02:02pm

yours is definitely a Gen 4 Haldex.
have a look at this website for info, the owner Austen is an absolute guru on all things Freelander and Evoque transmissions related and he is happy to answer any questions. Highly recommended.
His service for an Evoque haldex (quoted on my 2011) comes in at £150 + vat.

http://www.bellengineering.co.uk/

p.s. I have no connection with Austen or the business in anyway other than as a potential customer (im looking to book in for a Haldex service shortly)

RE: Haldex Pump - Different versions? - VEGG - 21-11-2018 11:00pm

I advise anyone to do the haldex pump service, as my pump has just failed due to a blocked up filter £780 to get done at an independent garage, including new pump filters oil, and software update

RE: Haldex Pump - Different versions? - RogB - 26-11-2018 12:30pm

Ive just had my 2011 54k SD4 checked by Austen @ Bell Engineering with no apparent faults but ive booked in for January to have the Haldex service and Diff fluids changed for preventative maintenance.

RE: Haldex Pump - Different versions? - XFullFatTim - 26-11-2018 12:34pm

Originally LR stated that the Haldex was “sealed for life” but after numerous problems with them in Freelander2’s there was a recommendation that the fluid be changed every 3 years IIRC, as far as I know that was not changed for the Evoque which is basically a Freelander2’s in a fancy dress with a few upgrades as a result of issues with Freelander2.

RE: Haldex Pump - Different versions? - RogB - 26-11-2018 12:36pm

IIRC VW/AUDI use the same Haldex and recommend filter and fluid change every 40k