babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
owned - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: In Car Electronics (/Forum-In-Car-Electronics)
+--- Thread: owned (/Thread-owned)

owned - Bachrk - 27-08-2018 03:50pm

Copy

RE: Worst car I’ve ever owned - XFullFatTim - 27-08-2018 06:27pm

Welcome to modern Land Rovers............ I know it should be looked at by the dealership but have you tried a “hard” reset? Disconnect the battery for 10-15 minutes and then reconnect, it often fixes bugs like that. But as I assume it is a fairly new car then the dealership should be the fixer under the warranty

RE: Worst car I’ve ever owned - PhilSkill - 27-08-2018 08:20pm

The coolant level air bubble is a common thing in this engine from the factory, it should lose no more water from now though!

Other than disconnecting and re-linking the phone to the car and the hard reset, then see if you can get it to work with someone else's phone, if not get it back to the dealer.

RE: Worst car I’ve ever owned - Koidream - 28-08-2018 06:49am

I see you had only 2 issues so far. And already frustrated?
I have +10 issues untill now but expecting more...

owned - Bachrk - 19-09-2018 01:57am

Copy

RE: Worst car I’ve ever owned - sasdiscos - 19-09-2018 05:14pm

Its a shame, hearing so many sad stories of poor landrover reliability, (right across the board) However, I must say my evoque has been the most reliable car ive ever owned. I don't want to jinx it but its never gone wrong.

So many people report problems, and normally very expensive. It is a huge worry for the future I have to say.

Steve

RE: Worst car I’ve ever owned - Bachrk - 19-09-2018 05:37pm

Copy

RE: Worst car I’ve ever owned - Doody - 24-09-2018 09:47pm

My 2012 Evoque is nearing 100K miles. Absolutely zero major problems.

I too had a recurring low coolant problem - turned out it was a very minor leak - unsurprisingly. One tech finally found it and tightened the clamp. I was putting coolant in every 5000 miles or so - hardly a horrible experience, but admittedly annoying.

FWIW,
Doody