babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Keyless entry - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Keyless entry (/Thread-Keyless-entry--10941)

Keyless entry - Harry H - 26-07-2018 09:53pm

Hi all,

Does anyone know wether the keyless entry can be disabled on the evoque shave seen videos on YouTube for disco 4 and Range Rover .

RE: Keyless entry - Doody - 26-07-2018 10:02pm

No clue. But why would you want to?

Curious,
Doody

RE: Keyless entry - Harry H - 26-07-2018 10:10pm

The rise in car thiefts from keyless entry cars . not much hassle to press a button rather that than risking the chance of it being stolen . It can be done from the key in 2016 models and disco 4 and Range Rover so wondered if it can be done on 2011 evoque

RE: Keyless entry - tone1 - 27-07-2018 10:46pm

(26-07-2018 10:10pm)Harry H Wrote:  The rise in car thiefts from keyless entry cars . not much hassle to press a button rather that than risking the chance of it being stolen . It can be done from the key in 2016 models and disco 4 and Range Rover so wondered if it can be done on 2011 evoque
We watched a TV program about theft of cars using the keyless technology, the thief would be close to your property, like next to a window his "gadget" would amplify the signal picked up from your key and send it to the car, also enough amplification to start the car....very concerning!
I bought a couple of protective Faraday bags on a well known auction site, when the key is in the bag and velcro closed, walk to the car and the car will not open or do anything. Also small phone put in the bag can not be contacted....these seem to work Cool

RE: Keyless entry - Condei - 11-08-2018 11:03pm

(27-07-2018 10:46pm)tone1 Wrote:  We watched a TV program about theft of cars using the keyless technology, the thief would be close to your property, like next to a window his "gadget" would amplify the signal picked up from your key and send it to the car, also enough amplification to start the car....very concerning!
I bought a couple of protective Faraday bags on a well known auction site, when the key is in the bag and velcro closed, walk to the car and the car will not open or do anything. Also small phone put in the bag can not be contacted....these seem to work Cool

LOL, Faraday bags?
I've bought a metal box with cookies from Lidl.
I've eat the cookies and now I have a Faraday cage. Win-Win!

I've tried the "cage" and the radio signal des not exit the metal box Smile

I keep all my car keys inside.

RE: Keyless entry - wheels - 12-08-2018 11:10am

So you walk around with a cookie box under your arm?

Keyless entry - bigmac3161 - 12-08-2018 01:54pm

Think you just leave the keys in the cookie box in the house dough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk