babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Lower dynamic model - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Lower dynamic model (/Thread-Lower-dynamic-model)

Lower dynamic model - Tara1965 - 16-06-2018 10:13pm

Hi is it ok to lower my dynamic model by fitting 30mm shorter springs ? Will this effect anything ?

RE: Lower dynamic model - wungun - 17-06-2018 02:29pm

Good question.... My H&R Springs are arriving tomorrow.
You'll probably want to re-align the wheels after

RE: Lower dynamic model - bee - 17-06-2018 08:36pm

(17-06-2018 02:29pm)wungun Wrote:  Good question.... My H&R Springs are arriving tomorrow.
You'll probably want to re-align the wheels after

could affect any off roading with less clearance, also in snow conditions.http://babyrr.com/forum/images/smilies-set/icon_sad.gif

RE: Lower dynamic model - wungun - 18-06-2018 12:02am

Probably dropping it 30mm puts ground clearance still higher than most cars, so...
Mine will never go off road.

RE: Lower dynamic model - XFullFatTim - 18-06-2018 09:47am

In Canada and USA do Dynamics also get the Magnaride suspension struts as standard because lowering the suspension could have side effects for the Dynamic mode setting in the Terrain Response settings.

RE: Lower dynamic model - wungun - 18-06-2018 12:53pm

(18-06-2018 09:47am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  In Canada and USA do Dynamics also get the Magnaride suspension struts as standard because lowering the suspension could have side effects for the Dynamic mode setting in the Terrain Response settings.
Yeah, they do...
I haven't heard of any detrimental effects.

RE: Lower dynamic model - wungun - 29-06-2018 09:11pm

(18-06-2018 09:47am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  In Canada and USA do Dynamics also get the Magnaride suspension struts as standard because lowering the suspension could have side effects for the Dynamic mode setting in the Terrain Response settings.
So I have springs in and something is seriously messed up in the back of the car!
Alignment checked out, everything is right... The steering is sharp and responsive... But the back end will hang out and pitch sideways when turning at highway speeds. Very un-nerving!
My mechanic is at a loss...