babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
FIXED: Reverse mirrors still not dipping - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: FIXED: Reverse mirrors still not dipping (/Thread-FIXED-Reverse-mirrors-still-not-dipping)

FIXED: Reverse mirrors still not dipping - brenhaze - 31-05-2018 05:54pm

Anyone else have ths problem?
LR gave the car back to me today and have fixed the air vent, rear camera and parking sensors and carried out an update.

But the mirrors are still not dipping when in reverse??
The setting is on.

Anyone else have this problem? or anything I can try?

Bren

RE: Reverse mirrors still not dipping - Doody - 31-05-2018 07:44pm

there is a "reset" procedure for the mirrors. search the forum for some posts (one of them mine) of the mirrors not folding in upon locking. i don't remember the procedure but it's documented in here a few times.

hopefully that reset will fix your 'dipping'!

doody

RE: Reverse mirrors still not dipping - XFullFatTim - 01-06-2018 07:18am

If they did a software update they may have disconnected the battery and powered the car from an outside power supply - this wipes out any memory settings for electric seats , electrically adjustable steering wheel and wing mirrors. Have you tried engaging reverse and setting up the mirrors again? My RRS came back from annual service and had the same issue of the wing mirrors not dipping on reverse so I tried the above and it worked fine after reprogramming them at home.

RE: Reverse mirrors still not dipping - brenhaze - 01-06-2018 09:11am

(01-06-2018 07:18am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  If they did a software update they may have disconnected the battery and powered the car from an outside power supply - this wipes out any memory settings for electric seats , electrically adjustable steering wheel and wing mirrors. Have you tried engaging reverse and setting up the mirrors again? My RRS came back from annual service and had the same issue of the wing mirrors not dipping on reverse so I tried the above and it worked fine after reprogramming them at home.

Many thanksSmile I've tried the following Smile without any joy.

Turned off and back on the function.
Put into reverse, adjusted and saved to memory. No joy.
Tried with easy entry/exit on/off as heard this can cause problems.
Tried various memory saves in different modes (Neutral, Reverse etc.).
Still no joy Smile
The workaround I had was to turn the fucntion off and duplcate my seat position memory with mirrors dipped.
So I have setting 1 normal, and setting 3 the same with dipped mirrors.
Annoying Smile

I've dug through the threads but still not joy.

FIXED: Reverse mirrors still not dipping - brenhaze - 01-06-2018 01:32pm

(01-06-2018 09:11am)brenhaze Wrote:  Many thanksSmile I've tried the following Smile without any joy.

Turned off and back on the function.
Put into reverse, adjusted and saved to memory. No joy.
Tried with easy entry/exit on/off as heard this can cause problems.
Tried various memory saves in different modes (Neutral, Reverse etc.).
Still no joy Smile
The workaround I had was to turn the fucntion off and duplcate my seat position memory with mirrors dipped.
So I have setting 1 normal, and setting 3 the same with dipped mirrors.
Annoying Smile

Found the fix.
If the mirrors are set too far down they will not engage the reverse dip.
I've set mine higher (more verticle) and now they work Smile