babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Tailgate stuck - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Tailgate stuck (/Thread-Tailgate-stuck)

Tailgate stuck - Wired - 25-05-2018 01:52pm

I just ran into a very annoying problem
My tailgate is not closed properly. It has engaged the safety hinge or setting.
The result is that if you press the open button on the remote or in the car the gate will try to close. You can see a little movement. It will however not close fully or open.
I tried pushing it completely close and tried to pull and push it open, both unsuccessfully.

As a result, the system sees the tailgate is not closed correctly and therefore refuses to lock the car Twisted Evil

So I have a 2 part question.
1) Anyone know a way to open or properly close the tailgate?
2) Is there a way to get my car locked?

Thanks

RE: Tailgate stuck - PhilSkill - 25-05-2018 05:31pm

try opening the tailgate to nearly fully open, then hold the Button for more than 15seconds. This resets the open position.

If this doesn't do the trick maybe the catch has broken?

RE: Tailgate stuck - Wired - 26-05-2018 11:29am

The problem is it does not open at all. It is locked in a not fully closed position where the tailgate is rattling while I drive.
If I press the open button on the remote or in the car, the door actually makes a move like it is trying to close more. It just does not release the lock.
Is there a manual unlock lever somewhere?

I just found a post with a similar problem and I also had my rear window broken recently.
Looks like I found the cause of the problem. I have an appointment next Thursday with the garage.

RE: Tailgate stuck - Koidream - 26-05-2018 12:19pm

- Open the door manually to a desired heigth
- Close it by pushing the close button in the door
- Open Door remotely or by pressing the switch in the car.

RE: Tailgate stuck - Wired - 26-06-2018 01:55pm

So I had the tailgate fixed.
Not many details except that:
a) It took them 3.5 hours to open de door. Was the first time this happened I was told.
b) They just cleaned the lock and it is working fine now.

They only charged me for 2 hours I should say so that was ok. You wonder why it was so hard to open the door. I am guessing there is not a software override for this function. This brings me to my biggest issue with the Evoque. All the software controlled functions are very mediocre. Worst is the display unit and navigation.

RE: Tailgate stuck - PhilSkill - 27-06-2018 09:29am

Sounds like something got into the lock Mechanism, probably a piece of glass if your window was broken. Software is irrelevant if the mechanism is jammed.