babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Keyfob - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Keyfob (/Thread-Keyfob)

Keyfob - andyboy - 12-05-2018 11:00am

Hi all just had the low battery warning on my key fob. Changed the battery okay but the key fob is playing up I have to press the unlock/ lock buttons several times to get it to work. Any ideas? Thanks

RE: Keyfob - XFullFatTim - 12-05-2018 04:23pm

I’ve just had this in my RRS and as the car was in for a service I asked them to replace the battery in the fob giving the message, when I picked the car up there was no charge for the battery which was nice.

RE: Keyfob - Steve D - 13-05-2018 07:52am

Did you replace it with a branded individually packaged battery or one from a pack of a dozen that you get from the pound shop? I find those batteries next to useless. Well, when you are allegedly getting thirty quids worth of batteries for a quid, you’ve got to wonder about the quality!

RE: Keyfob - Koidream - 13-05-2018 11:18am

It's like: If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys...

RE: Keyfob - XFullFatTim - 14-05-2018 12:46pm

One thought - did you follow the right procedure in the owner’s manual? I know it sounds weird but it isn’t just a case of old battery out and drew one in, also the quality of the battery reall does matter with most of these keyless fobs.

RE: Keyfob - PhilSkill - 14-05-2018 02:05pm

Have changed mine a few times now, not had any issues, although I do always use a brand-new Duracell battery.

There is a reset procedure you could try on the off-chance, just hold the key under the steering column for a minute, not sure what it does but i'd say try a decent brand Battery and then do that, if it was working fine before, then be worth giving that a try.

RE: Keyfob - andyboy - 14-05-2018 07:32pm

I got it sorted now. I went out and put in a Duracell one in instead of the cheap ones and it's all okay. So thanks everyone for your advice