babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Best looking Premium Compact SUV Competitor - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+---- Forum: Polls (/Forum-Polls)
+---- Thread: Best looking Premium Compact SUV Competitor (/Thread-Best-looking-Premium-Compact-SUV-Competitor)

Best looking Premium Compact SUV Competitor - benzina - 07-04-2018 01:36am

We have the best looking Premium Compact SUV poll which includes the mighty Evoque, and its the Evoque thats clearly winning this other poll so far, see link here.... http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Best-looking-Premium-Compact-SUV

...... So it will be interesting to see which of the other competitors designs appeal to us without the Evoque in the shootout.

Now lets see who is the best looking competitor.

Nominations are...
- Jaguar e-pace
- Volvo XC40
- Volvo XC60
- Alfa Romeo Stelvio
- Mercedes GLC Coupe
- BMW X2
- BMW X4
- Porsche Macan

RE: Best looking Premium Compact SUV Competitor - benzina - 07-04-2018 02:17pm

I found the Volvo XC40 to be the most interesting, unique, and best looking out of these.

Comments on my opinion.....
- Jaguar E-Pace (Similar proportions to Evoque, and nice clean Jag styling language, but the F-Type front is average on this shape)
- Volvo XC40 (most interesting here, and its unique, tough , bold, and best looking of these in my opinion)
- Volvo XC60 (Nice looking, but pretty mundane & boring)
- Alfa Romeo Stelvio (Don't really like the headlight or taillight shapes, and the wheels look a bit small in proportion to the overall shape. Expected better from Alfa, but its ok)
- Mercedes GLC Coupe (Same old current Merc Styling language. Boring, lazy and average GLC styling with a fastback roof, and too much surface entertainment)
- BMW X2 (Nice looking Beemer, but more soft crossover then SUV tough).
- BMW X4 (See GLC comments above. BMW X3 with fastback roof)
- Porsche Macan (Nice, but same same Porsche styling, which i find a bit boring)

RE: Best looking Premium Compact SUV Competitor - Koidream - 08-04-2018 08:26am

Jaguar would be my first choice if I didn't had to deal with the same dealer again...
So, I voted for the VOLVO XC40.

RE: Best looking Premium Compact SUV Competitor - mighTTy-RRE - 09-04-2018 08:48am

I rather like the styling of the Stelvio, but I can not see any Alfa as a viable long term purchase

RE: Best looking Premium Compact SUV Competitor - Koidream - 09-04-2018 01:46pm

I've driven Alfa before. Faultless and without any problem for +300.000km.
I wish I could say the same about the Evoque...