babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
BYE BYE JLR AND YOUR LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE-SOLD 2013 LIMITED BLACK EDITION - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: BYE BYE JLR AND YOUR LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE-SOLD 2013 LIMITED BLACK EDITION (/Thread-BYE-BYE-JLR-AND-YOUR-LACK-OF-CUSTOMER-SERVICE-SOLD-2013-LIMITED-BLACK-EDITION)

BYE BYE JLR AND YOUR LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE-SOLD 2013 LIMITED BLACK EDITION - Pcgeary1973 - 17-01-2018 07:07am

After spending the better part of 6 months dealing with JLR and the local dealer, I was forced to sell my ride as they refused to recognized a well documented issue that I had multiple service records depicting since 3500 miles. My 2013 RR Evoque experienced the dreaded "bump stop" when I would come to a stop as it would shift to a lower gear when the RPMs were too high. They replaced the transmission (due to a clutch pack issue) only after they experienced the problem. Otherwise, I would get the "no code no error" response. The vehicle still exhibited the issue and I successfully demonstrated it to the tech only to have the Regional Technical Manager tell the dealer to release the vehicle as there is no issue. I attempted resolution with JLR Customer Care call center only to have an inept individual not respond to my repeated follow up calls and only respond when a complaint was filed about her inability to address the issue. I asked multiple times what my options are as my warranty was expiring to only get a response to work with the dealer and to take it back. Unfortunately, my warranty expired and the dealer said to take the car. The agent submitted a request for "buy back" only to have to call me and tell me she was told it was too late as I was out of warranty. I escalated the request and told them I had asked what my options are and I couldn't get a response from her supervisor. They offered to pay for the loan payments for the time I had my car in the shop (over 3 months time) so I took the check and said the hell with JLR and sold the car for 11k more than the dealer offered me because "they were trying to help". So special thanks to JLR for standing behind their product and telling customers tough luck. I will gladly cash that check and spend my days sharing my story in detail on any social media thread. BTW...their twitter response told me they cared and to direct message them for assistance...do you think I got a response...nope. My money will be spent elsewhere. So to JLR I gladly give you the one finger salute when I say...FU!! Best of luck to those having to deal with issues with this company.

RE: BYE BYE JLR AND YOUR LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE-SOLD 2013 LIMITED BLACK EDITION - Doody - 17-01-2018 07:02pm

Shame on JLR.

RE: BYE BYE JLR AND YOUR LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE-SOLD 2013 LIMITED BLACK EDITION - evoqueva - 07-05-2018 03:11pm

First and last Land Rover vehicle for me. $5300 USD to replace a cracked exhaust manifold. $1800 USD to replace an ac compressor (part only) that I bought from Rock Auto for $300. Same part, same manufacturer, Behr Bella. My Evoque is just a Ford with FoMoCo parts throughout, but with crazy mark up. No fix for the inability to read Flex Pass transmitter through the windshield. (Can't mount an HOV transmitter on the license plate). I was told to hold it out the window when I drive through the readers. Nothing but luxury. The Evoque is loud from road noise, choppy ride due to it's short wheelbase and won't downshift when you slow to go around corners leaving you with no power to accelerate out of traffic. It was an expensive mistake.

RE: BYE BYE JLR AND YOUR LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE-SOLD 2013 LIMITED BLACK EDITION - wungun - 13-05-2018 10:30pm

There is a cutout in the top of the windshield next to the mirror for transponders....
Quietest car I've owned... Only slight road noise and wind noise, even at illegal speeds...
Choppy ride?? Didn't you test drive it before buying it??
If you're not happy with the transmission gear selection, Sport mode helps...
So does depressing the accelerator pedal.