babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
No Aux Power sockets - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: No Aux Power sockets (/Thread-No-Aux-Power-sockets)

No Aux Power sockets - mcbrid - 21-09-2017 02:53pm

I don't recall the Aux power sockets ever working on my S/H MY12 Evoque

That's the dash/cubby hole/boot - none of em work

As I haven't really needed them it didn't worry me too much but as I had Halfords fit me a Dash Cam (great price and service BTW) I asked the guy to check the fuses.

He did so and advised they were OK with the ignition on and in fact 'piggy backed' the feed for the cam off one of them.

Now the thing is the sockets themselves are all still dud.......

Any thoughts as to what is going on please?

Note I went through all the flat battery/gearbox fault/trac control nonsense about a year ago and a new battery coupled with an expensive gear box selector module change seemed to have done the trick but the battery life still leaves me concerned

RE: No Aux Power sockets - xz4 - 21-09-2017 08:49pm

I think they only work with the ignition on. Have you tried this ?

RE: No Aux Power sockets - mcbrid - 22-09-2017 07:35pm

(21-09-2017 08:49pm)xz4 Wrote:  I think they only work with the ignition on. Have you tried this ?

The boot one seems ok with the engine running but the other two show nothing. The light on the surround comes on the dash pocket one but no power.

RE: No Aux Power sockets - Steve D - 22-09-2017 10:39pm

They only work for a short while after the door is opened unless the ignition is switched on.

RE: No Aux Power sockets - PhilSkill - 23-09-2017 10:13pm

If Fuses 52, 53, 54 are good, then the only thing can be the connections for power or ground as there's nothing else involved to provide power to these, if 2 or more things aren't working it's probably the ground connection.