babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Service Plans & MOT's - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Maintenance (/Forum-Maintenance)
+--- Thread: Service Plans & MOT's (/Thread-Service-Plans-MOT-s)

Service Plans & MOT's - PJRComputerSolutions - 21-03-2017 07:12pm

Hi All,

Just a Quickie,

EVOQUE is coming up to 3-Years Old, which means it needs it first MOT, I took out a 4-Year Service Plan, which is costing me £47.28 per Month...

The "first" Service on the Plan is due now as well, I'm sure that when I took out the Plan, they said that the Plan includes the first MOT? Or was it that the Approved 2-Year Warranty also covered the first MOT, not really sure now TBH....

When I booked the Car in for the Service, just now, they said that the MOT was around £50? So I'm a bit confused now....

Has anyone got any expierence of Service Plans/MOT Packages?

Are the MOT's "free" or is it just the first One? Or are they not free at all?

Don't want to waste £50 if I don't have to....

Cheers for any guidance......

RE: Service Plans & MOT's - doug - 21-03-2017 07:47pm

The service plan I had where you pay a set fee each month didn't include the MOT or courtesy car cost.

Does your paperwork mention anything about MOT and insurance cover against failed components.

RE: Service Plans & MOT's - PJRComputerSolutions - 21-03-2017 09:11pm

(21-03-2017 07:47pm)doug Wrote:  The service plan I had where you pay a set fee each month didn't include the MOT or courtesy car cost.

Does your paperwork mention anything about MOT and insurance cover against failed components.

I've had a look at the Service Contract & It Only Mentions the Service Interval...

The JLR Approved Warranty Letter has something about being covered for MOT Components up to £750.00

RE: Service Plans & MOT's - syl - 21-03-2017 09:46pm

(21-03-2017 07:12pm)PJRComputerSolutions Wrote:  Has anyone got any expierence of Service Plans/MOT Packages?

Are the MOT's "free" or is it just the first One? Or are they not free at all?

Don't want to waste £50 if I don't have to....

Cheers for any guidance......

http://www.usedvehicles.landrover.co.uk/pdfs/landrover/mot-handbook.pdf

See above. The approved used warranty assures several things to ensure a first MOT pass, but it doesn't cover the cost of the MOT.

Your service package is a separate deal. Have to see the paperwork, but I don't think the current service plan includes the MOT fee.

RE: Service Plans & MOT's - PJRComputerSolutions - 21-03-2017 10:15pm

Cheers,

You may be Right.....

They also mentioned a Air-Con "Clean" @ £19.99, Apparently it's recommended by the Manufacturer, I politely declined....But has anybody taken them up on the Offer?

Service Plans & MOT's - bigmac3161 - 21-03-2017 10:19pm

Move to norn iron don't need an mot till its 4 year old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk