babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Dead Evoque - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Dead Evoque (/Thread-Dead-Evoque)

Pages: 1 2

Dead Evoque - tetstb - 22-02-2017 05:54pm

I moved on from my Evoque more than a year ago and thought nothing about it since. I was contacted last week by its second owner since me asking if I knew anything about gearbox issues. It transpires that his gearbox is kaput and he says JLR are claiming it missed a software recall early in its life, news to me, and as a result they are refusing to help him.

He has been quoted more than £5k to fix it.

Its a 60 plate Dynamic SD4, anyone aware of a early software recall ?

RE: Dead Evoque - RacingSnake - 22-02-2017 09:52pm

Cant think of anything specific, but plug the chassis number into topix to see what is outstanding.

RE: Dead Evoque - A1GSS - 22-02-2017 11:52pm

I'd ignore him. This has all the smell of someone starting an attempt to pin whatever problems he may now have, on you.

RE: Dead Evoque - RacingSnake - 23-02-2017 12:06pm

(22-02-2017 11:52pm)A1GSS Wrote:  I'd ignore him. This has all the smell of someone starting an attempt to pin whatever problems he may now have, on you.
I'd actually kindof agree with Graham too... I did think it sounds odd... however, I sold a car about 7 or so years ago and he kept texting me 'updates' throughout his 5 year ownership on how good it was, what he was up to, where he had been, and then messaged me to tell me he sold it!! Laughing it was bordering on stalkerish... but it was nice to know at least my car went to a good home! Very Happy

RE: Dead Evoque - Evo-king - 23-02-2017 09:04pm

That's disturbing.

RE: Dead Evoque - tetstb - 25-02-2017 03:17pm

Thanks, I'll politely reply telling him to consult the service history and topix. It did stink of a baited email and had I wondered if he was looking for someone to blame.

I'm actually quite annoyed at Pentland for giving him my contact info.

RE: Dead Evoque - A1GSS - 25-02-2017 03:47pm

(25-02-2017 03:17pm)tetstb Wrote:  ... I'm actually quite annoyed at Pentland for giving him my contact info.

What? I'd be livid with Pentland for giving out your details, that's a breach of confidentiality and they've presumably committed an offence, I'd assumed you'd sold it personally! Now I'm amazed, in a bad way.

RE: Dead Evoque - druand - 25-02-2017 03:48pm

I had one of the first Freelander 2 SD 190 Auto that dealer sold. I did have an update to rectify hang up in low gear. It would not change up at correct time. Intermittent.

This is totally irrelevant to contact by current owner. As the vehicle is 6 years old it is well away from expecting any goodwill from LR, also now 3rd owner.
If vehicle has been within LR dealerships from new and sold on twice as an Approved LR with LR warranty it should have had all updates during 132 point service checks prior to sale TWICE.
Nothing to do with you whatsoever.

Now driving Evoque 2.0 TD 180 Auto after 4 FL2.

RE: Dead Evoque - syl - 25-02-2017 05:03pm

(25-02-2017 03:17pm)tetstb Wrote:  I'm actually quite annoyed at Pentland for giving him my contact info.

Doesn't the V5 show the previous owner's details?

RE: Dead Evoque - Donny Dog - 25-02-2017 06:48pm

(25-02-2017 03:17pm)tetstb Wrote:  Thanks, I'll politely reply telling him to consult the service history and topix. It did stink of a baited email and had I wondered if he was looking for someone to blame.

I'm actually quite annoyed at Pentland for giving him my contact info.

I'd politely NOT reply to him!