babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Low Battery Notification - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Low Battery Notification (/Thread-Low-Battery-Notification)

Pages: 1 2

Low Battery Notification - KaDargo - 05-01-2017 02:21pm

When I switch on, a 'low battery' notification flashes up, then quickly disappears.

The car starts ok without a hitch, and everything works (except the heated screen, typically at the moment as SWMBO is mostly using it in the mornings and is NOT happy having to scrape!)

I am assuming it's not the battery, but perhaps a software glitch and the system doesn't think there's enough power for the screen, so shuts it down.

Anyone had this before?

RE: Low Battery Notification - xz4 - 06-01-2017 08:55am

Check the battery voltage. The cold mornings take a lot out of the battery. Maybe more being used starting than being put back in if SWMBO is doing short journeys. Battery should be about 13.4V fully charged.

RE: Low Battery Notification - doug - 06-01-2017 10:44am

Usually the first sign of a low battery will give you a "gear box fault" message when you start the engine, or if the battery is really low on charge you will get a "traction control unavailable" message. I've not ever seen a low battery message on mine.

RE: Low Battery Notification - jcarrot - 06-01-2017 11:04am

I have had a low battery notification when first starting up, first indication is when I get in the car and there are no interior lights. This has happened a couple of times when I have left the car in the garage for a few days and then just taken it for short journeys with heated seats etc.
A couple of times I've had a screen flash saying that the system will close down in 1 minute as I start up but then it disappears.
Connecting to a battery charger once a week has solved the problem.

RE: Low Battery Notification - Queenb - 03-02-2017 03:28pm

It comes up on my evoque saying LIMITED PERFORMANCE can someone tells me what it means.it flashes up twice today but i have no clue to whats happening

RE: Low Battery Notification - xz4 - 03-02-2017 03:33pm

(03-02-2017 03:28pm)Queenb Wrote:  It comes up on my evoque saying LIMITED PERFORMANCE can someone tells me what it means.it flashes up twice today but i have no clue to whats happening

Could be the DPF nearly full. Take it for a good blast to try to clear out the filter. I think you'll need to do between 20-40 miles for it to clear, as the exhaust needs to get quite hot for it to happen. Could be something else but this is worth a try.

RE: Low Battery Notification - Queenb - 03-02-2017 04:27pm

Thank you so much , i will try it

RE: Low Battery Notification - jcarrot - 03-02-2017 04:52pm

(03-02-2017 04:27pm)Queenb Wrote:  Thank you so much , i will try it

Best to keep away from motorways as "Limited Performance" means just that!

RE: Low Battery Notification - Queenb - 03-02-2017 06:44pm

Ok i will thank you

RE: Low Battery Notification - Koidream - 03-02-2017 07:08pm

If the system tells you that there is Limited Performance, I wouldn't take it for a good "blast". What if it is not the DPF and something is wrong with the engine?
The only advice I can give you is to take it to the nearest dealer as soon as possible.
I had the same problem, caused by a bad DPF sensor. A good "blast" wouldn't have corrected the fault message.