babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
OBD2 Data - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: In Car Electronics (/Forum-In-Car-Electronics)
+--- Thread: OBD2 Data (/Thread-OBD2-Data)

OBD2 Data - acharris76 - 29-12-2016 11:45am

Hi,

Does anyone know what driving data is provided from the Evoque via the OBD2 data port?

I have just got a Navdy (HUD) and it seems to collect MPG, speed and RPM from the data port, but oddly the MPG is completely different figures to the car's own display of instant MPG. And its definitely getting its data via the OBD port as if I turn off the option to get data from the port, the MPG information disappears.

Thanks,

Anthony

RE: OBD2 Data - XFullFatTim - 29-12-2016 06:03pm

Are the MPG figures set for Imperial or US. If you are getting lower figures on the HUD then it could be that it is set to US gallons. If the number is seriously lower then you may be getting a litres per 100kms which for an Evoque would be somewhere between 8 and 11ltr/100kms

RE: OBD2 Data - acharris76 - 30-12-2016 01:32pm

The figures are way off by a factor of at least 2. I tried playing about with the Evoque MPG options to display it in another format to see if the numbers then matched but no luck. I am going to see whether the Navdy information is displaying in a particular format but any other ideas would be great!