babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
2017 Evoque - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: 2017 Evoque (/Thread-2017-Evoque)

Pages: 1 2 3

2017 Evoque - DanniKaye89 - 16-12-2016 03:15pm

Hello Guys,

I am looking everywhere for a new 4x4 car and I have finally settled on the Evoque. I really like the look of it!

I have no idea which model is worth going for and I would love it if someone could let me know which one is worth the upgrades. I like to have nav, heated seats and I need parking sensors but other than that I am not sure what else is a must! I have been to my local dealership but I felt like they only wanted me to go for the most expensive one! (HSELuxury?) I can't say I wasn't tempted but before I go ahead I wanted to get the opinion of an Evoque driver!

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

Danni

RE: 2017 Evoque - A1GSS - 16-12-2016 05:08pm

We just bought a MY17 SE Tech. It's got all the things you mention as standard plus plenty more and was way cheaper than the HSE. If your dealer was trying to upsell you against your will then find another dealer that will listen to what you want.

RE: 2017 Evoque - XFullFatTim - 16-12-2016 05:36pm

I suspect that dealer was trying to sell you something he had in stock so he could boost his chances of a year end bonus............... go back and ask for the largest discount that you think you can get away with on that HSE Lux and it might be worth his while to make a sale with a discount to get a bigger bonus............. I'll probably get shot down in flames for this but if you haven't considered it, try the 9 speed auto, they are very good and more relaxing to drive on and off-road.

RE: 2017 Evoque - A1GSS - 16-12-2016 06:08pm

^ Well of course. Why would anyone even consider a skanky manual gearbox.

RE: 2017 Evoque - durham - 16-12-2016 07:19pm

We too went for the SE Tech as it seemed best value, but went for the 9 speed auto, privacy glass and a Pano Roof. Its the wifes car and recently said there is one thing she wished we had. I thought she would say power boot as we had that on a RRS courtesy car (also have a Defender) and the boot was handy, but no it was a heated steering wheel! That's Christmas pressies sorted..........cant wait to see her eyes light up on Christmas morning when she opens her new gloves!!!!

RE: 2017 Evoque - syl - 16-12-2016 08:52pm

Will you be financing? If you are, the residual value doesn't change no matter how many options you chose - so it can work out not much different, or even cheaper, to go for the next model up rather than adding extras.

The options for me that were essential are:

Rear view camera as well as sensors front & rear
Panoramic roof
Electric tailgate
Seat memory

But I quite like extra cameras, 360 degree sensors, blind spot monitor, adaptive cruise, heated and cooled seats, heated rear seats, heated steering wheel. In the end I just got the autobiography.

RE: 2017 Evoque - DanniKaye89 - 20-12-2016 12:29pm

I have some figures from Land Rover but I have also seen some deals on the internet for PCP & Leasing. Is there any you would recommend? I think the only optional extra I really want is the Panoramic Roof. Do you find this makes a lot of difference to the interior?

RE: 2017 Evoque - PhilSkill - 20-12-2016 12:46pm

Panoramic roof, makes it brighter, although as the driver you don't notice it too much, it's mainly for rear passengers who love it! It also stops a lot of noise from the Aluminium roof in the rain!

RE: 2017 Evoque - A1GSS - 20-12-2016 01:37pm

I went for the Pano roof. Cost out of proportion to the value but found it improved teh interior a lot.

RE: 2017 Evoque - bee - 20-12-2016 08:00pm

yes it does, wouldnt bee without mine.