babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Anybody looking for a cheap heated steering wheel retrofit? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Anybody looking for a cheap heated steering wheel retrofit? (/Thread-Anybody-looking-for-a-cheap-heated-steering-wheel-retrofit)

Anybody looking for a cheap heated steering wheel retrofit? - Deaky - 12-09-2016 02:47pm

There's a wheel here on eBay for just £100 That's not been labelled up as heated but it is. It also has the switch (usually £75+vat) and the control loom (usually £98+vat).

I also have a clock spring suitable for a 2011-2015 Evoque that I brought in error (mines a 2016). Its not been used, It cost me £150.00. I'd be happy to sell for £75.00 including postage to Uk.

So there you have it, a heated SW for £175. That's £20 less than specking it as an option Very Happy

RE: Anybody looking for a cheap heated steering wheel retrofit? - chez - 12-09-2016 04:48pm

Deaky, daft question, what's a clock spring? I must be missing something here!
Cheers

RE: Anybody looking for a cheap heated steering wheel retrofit? - PhilSkill - 12-09-2016 05:04pm

Quite a ding in the leather at the top of the steering wheel, how do you know its a heated one? can you see it's connector?

RE: Anybody looking for a cheap heated steering wheel retrofit? - Steve D - 12-09-2016 07:11pm

Isn't that the heater switch behind/below the phone answer/end buttons?

RE: Anybody looking for a cheap heated steering wheel retrofit? - Deaky - 12-09-2016 09:34pm

(12-09-2016 05:04pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Quite a ding in the leather at the top of the steering wheel, how do you know its a heated one? can you see it's connector?

You can see the temperature control module fitted at the inside bottom of the wheel and also the button on the LHS.

Item now sold

This is now sold Very Happy