babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Range Rover Evoque AK64 LPV - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Range Rover Evoque AK64 LPV (/Thread-Range-Rover-Evoque-AK64-LPV)

Range Rover Evoque AK64 LPV - Milky400 - 10-09-2016 05:13pm

Hi all

I am about to trade this vehicle in for a new Evoque. The vehicle has had countless electrical faults over the past 18 months and many still unresolved

We had rejected the vehicle, but if we had gone through with the rejection to the end we would have been worse off than we are trading it in for a new car. Mainly because the dealer didn't want us to reject I guess.

Reason for the post is to hopeful stop someone buying this car, long shot I know but you never know. I for one always google the reg of a vehicle prior to doing a deal.

Anyone considering this car please feel free to PM me

RE: Range Rover Evoque AK64 LPV - XFullFatTim - 10-09-2016 09:53pm

The reason is that the dealer will make money selling you a new car and it would cost him to rectify all the faults on the old one............. Next owner will be unaware of those faults and if sensible will take out the extra warranty so the dealer will then earn money from LR for doing warranty work................. If he took it in as a rejected car he makes zilch and has then to pay to put it right himself or pay to take it to LR to fix! Getting you to buy a new car means it is win win for the dealer - commission for selling you the new car and minimum £2000, possibly more, profit selling your old one on to an unsuspecting used car buyer.

RE: Range Rover Evoque AK64 LPV - Milky400 - 11-09-2016 08:37am

Fully understand the dealers situation, but I am interested in what was best for me. The discounts and"deal" that was offered was far better than if I had gone to a dealer with cash as a deposit, the 3 I spoke with couldn't come close.

Of course they will be making money they're a business. As for warranty, all there used cars come with 2 year warranties, and as a large franchise the trade in isn't gauranteed income for the local dealer anyway as it may be sold elsewhere within there franchise.

the point of the post was to get the registration on line as a potential problem car and hope people take note and maybe Google the reg as I do..