babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Lifted evoque owners: I have some questions - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Lifted evoque owners: I have some questions (/Thread-Lifted-evoque-owners-I-have-some-questions)

Pages: 1 2 3

Lifted evoque owners: I have some questions - J. Dub - 11-08-2016 05:07pm

I know there are VERY few of you that actually have a lifted evoque.
And I know that H&R is the only company making a lift kit for the evoque that I have found at least.

So with that said:
-Do you not worry that you should purchase extended shocks for your taller springs?
-Do you not worry that your stock height shocks will bottom out on the top hat?
-Do you not have a rough ride?
-And what about those of you with the magneride? Magnetic ride shocks? What then? How does the magneride shocks react to this lift increase in springs?
-Did the springs settle after time and you're only left with a 1" lift instead of 2"?

RE: Lifted evoque owners: I have some questions - J. Dub - 17-08-2016 02:46am

bump

RE: Lifted evoque owners: I have some questions - J. Dub - 02-09-2016 05:11am

Can anyone provide insight?

RE: Lifted evoque owners: I have some questions - bloubul7 - 03-09-2016 07:58pm

Ride quality is still the same however they do bottom out if you go over a bump too fast

RE: Lifted evoque owners: I have some questions - J. Dub - 03-09-2016 08:29pm

Do you have the magnetic ride shocks?

RE: Lifted evoque owners: I have some questions - bloubul7 - 05-09-2016 11:35am

No i don't

RE: Lifted evoque owners: I have some questions - J. Dub - 06-09-2016 05:35am

Ok thank you for the reply.

RE: Lifted evoque owners: I have some questions - jellyfish - 21-09-2016 09:15am

Hi buddy, it is possible to lift your ride up, as I am tired of changing out my magnaride damper every 2 years due to them either leaking or overheating when I travel off road and the milage I am running around, currently my car is going to hit 180000km soon, currently I am running on H&R raised coil spring, and bilstein B6 HD dampers, they work very well, and I felt it is a mix between the normal mode and the sports mode, only down side is the suspension tops out a wee bit more as the height is raised by 1 inch.

You do need a electronic kit to override or fool the smart computer in the evoque, that you gotta buy a cancelling kit from KW to ensure your dash do not light up like a Christmas tree.

RE: Lifted evoque owners: I have some questions - J. Dub - 21-09-2016 01:11pm

Thank you! Do you know the model of the shocks you and the model of the KW override?
This is great news.

RE: Lifted evoque owners: I have some questions - jellyfish - 22-09-2016 05:38am

(21-09-2016 01:11pm)J. Dub Wrote:  Thank you! Do you know the model of the shocks you and the model of the KW override?
This is great news.

Hi J. Dub, I using the Bilstein B6 Shocks, as they are the only ones able to accommodate to the 1 inch lift from the springs, Bilstein also makes the B8, B12 and B14 if I`m not wrong, but they only can lower the car.

The cancelling unit from KW is as follows,

KW EDC Delete unit Land Rover, Range Rover Evoque
Part #: 68510267