babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Wrapping Centre Console - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Wrapping Centre Console (/Thread-Wrapping-Centre-Console)

Pages: 1 2

Wrapping Centre Console - CH11PY_H - 28-07-2016 03:47pm

I wrapped my centre console yesterday in gloss black.

Love it in black but unfortunately the rough effect off the material underneath shows through. Initially I thought the silver trims were wrapped in something with a honeycomb texture but it appears that this doesn't come off?

Anyone got any experience of this or any ideas how I keep it smooth?

[Image: dbdbebc1b77750b21fc5609cfe4c8f53.jpg]

[Image: 832f0e868d4e84e83631caca07fe339f.jpg]

[Image: 25cef9c369f691ed59f50c970f21842d.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Wrapping Centre Console - xoz - 29-07-2016 02:13am

Don't think you will be able to cover the dimples with a gloss or smoothe wrap, it will always show through. The Carbon fibre 3M wrap may do it as it is textured or some of the newer type wraps may give your desired affect. I've been playing with the idea of dipping mine (Dipyourcar.com) they have some edgy products available and in development.

For now I've gone with an aluminium wrap (3M) it's got good coverage over my smoothe ( non dimpled) console hockey sticks.

[Image: DSC02776.jpg]

RE: Wrapping Centre Console - Doody - 29-07-2016 12:48pm

on a related note, can the hockey sticks be replaced easily/affordably? i have a satin aluminum finish on mine and it's gotten dinged up over the years.

not too interested in wrapping - i like the brushed aluminum look.

thx!
doody

RE: Wrapping Centre Console - Clip - 03-08-2016 12:50pm

(29-07-2016 12:48pm)Doody Wrote:  on a related note, can the hockey sticks be replaced easily/affordably? i have a satin aluminum finish on mine and it's gotten dinged up over the years.

thx!
doody

Yes, mine are covered in dings from the seatbelt hitting it as you pull it around. Bad design. But think I'll try the wrap before replacing them.

Another option is the stick on dash kits, but you have to buy a full kit to get these trims:
Dash kit

RE: Wrapping Centre Console - ss4pk - 10-11-2016 06:34pm

(29-07-2016 12:48pm)Doody Wrote:  on a related note, can the hockey sticks be replaced easily/affordably? i have a satin aluminum finish on mine and it's gotten dinged up over the years.

thx!
doody
They can easily be replaced but they are $142 each. I just wrapped mine in 3M carbon fiber. I would have liked to keep the aluminum look sans the dents.

RE: Wrapping Centre Console - Clip - 13-11-2016 01:38am

(10-11-2016 06:34pm)ss4pk Wrote:  They can easily be replaced but they are $142 each. I just wrapped mine in 3M carbon fiber. I would have liked to keep the aluminum look sans the dents.
I just bought the stick on strips. they actually look pretty good. My brother who doesn't get in it that often didn't even notice them, but after a while then asked if I'd got new hockey sticks. So they don't look that stuck on. The piano black in the silver pencil line down each side, plus the way they wrap around the aircon dials makes them look a little more OEM.
They're cheap enough too, so if you didn't like them, you could always pull them off!
Found them on ebay here

RE: Wrapping Centre Console - xz4 - 13-11-2016 01:32pm

I've fitted these too. They look good and protect from seatbelt dings.

RE: Wrapping Centre Console - Ajgriffin - 12-12-2016 11:47pm

That does look good. I think I might try to upgrade the entier dash like they did here... They have a sale and it's Christmas, so here goes... I'll post when I'm finished with the install. I think it's a quick DIY.

https://www.facebook.com/Pure-Evoque-114181425371518/

RE: Wrapping Centre Console - Clip - 13-12-2016 03:28am

(12-12-2016 11:47pm)Ajgriffin Wrote:  That does look good. I think I might try to upgrade the entier dash like they did here... They have a sale and it's Christmas, so here goes... I'll post when I'm finished with the install. I think it's a quick DIY.

https://www.facebook.com/Pure-Evoque-114181425371518/
Does the kit do the hockey sticks though?

Love the gloss diagonal carbon fibre, looks great.

RE: Wrapping Centre Console - meesterover - 24-12-2016 06:29am

thx!
doody

If you end up replacing them, I will buy your old ones if reasonable priced.