babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Windscreen washer jets faulty - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Windscreen washer jets faulty (/Thread-Windscreen-washer-jets-faulty)

Pages: 1 2

Windscreen washer jets faulty - Teetree - 16-04-2013 03:43pm

Had a look last night , it's spray wipe, spray wipe ,wipe , pause, wipe ,pause wipe , longer pause then a final wipe ! I'm sad I know:)

RE: Windscreen washer jets faulty - speary - 18-04-2013 08:47am

(16-04-2013 03:43pm)Teetree Wrote:  Had a look last night , it's spray wipe, spray wipe ,wipe , pause, wipe ,pause wipe , longer pause then a final wipe ! I'm sad I knowSmile

Is that a foxtrot or a quickstep Very Happy

RE: Windscreen washer jets faulty - Fireysam - 18-04-2013 03:12pm

(12-04-2013 08:52am)Workman Wrote:  Hi all

I have an Si4 Dynamic 3dr which I got from new back in October 2011.

A few months ago, the left windscreen washer stopped giving a nice, wide spray of water and instead started just 'pouring' water just a few inches up the windscreen. In the last few days, the right one has started doing the same.

Has anyone else had this problem or know what the problem is? I can't see a blockage. Ideally, if someone could take a very close-up photo of one of their jets and post it, I'd be grateful - I wonder if there was a filter on the front of them which has fallen off.

Hi there

This happened to my near side jet and what has happened is that the end piece has fallen off.

Get it booked in and replaced ;0)

RE: Windscreen washer jets faulty - kkzt190 - 23-04-2013 06:23pm

Happened to me on the passenger side, got replaced and now both have gone - in for annual service soon and hopefully replaced.

Not sure what it is but it would appear to be more of a design issue if so many of them are popping out.

RE: Windscreen washer jets faulty - PhilSkill - 24-04-2013 01:04pm

Maybe the freezing conditions freezing the water inside the jets has popped them out ...

RE: Windscreen washer jets faulty - Sensorian - 26-05-2013 01:53pm

This has happened on both sides of mine now. Just gloops out in a torrent.... It's as if there is a piece missing from the jets or something.... very strange.

RE: Windscreen washer jets faulty - MDMD - 23-04-2015 10:59am

(12-04-2013 08:52am)Workman Wrote:  Hi all

I have an Si4 Dynamic 3dr which I got from new back in October 2011.

A few months ago, the left windscreen washer stopped giving a nice, wide spray of water and instead started just 'pouring' water just a few inches up the windscreen. In the last few days, the right one has started doing the same.

Has anyone else had this problem or know what the problem is? I can't see a blockage. Ideally, if someone could take a very close-up photo of one of their jets and post it, I'd be grateful - I wonder if there was a filter on the front of them which has fallen off.

Hi, have just suffered exactly the same problem, both spry nozzles within the washer jets have broken off. Have been told by dealer its because I've not used screen wash! YThey say this is not something they've seen before! Have quoted £235 to replace, what a rip off.

RE: Windscreen washer jets faulty - benzina - 23-04-2015 12:22pm

Can someone with normal new jets take a close up picture and post on here so we can see what is normal and what is not?
I been thinking mine aren't spraying like they used to either.