babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Are you now car less? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+---- Forum: Polls (/Forum-Polls)
+---- Thread: Are you now car less? (/Thread-Are-you-now-car-less)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Are you now car less? - WB - 05-11-2011 07:07pm

(05-11-2011 10:47am)paulus599 Wrote:  I've already done that. The problem is that most of the dealers don't have any spare courtesy cars (apparently, policy is that they need one car per technician for service customers). Also they can't get any more from LR as there is no spare capicity - so a totaly meaningless directive from LR to the dealers!

I've asked for a hire car instead, but have heard nothing from Customer services as yet (anyone surprised?)

I know of two people that have been initially told there are no cars only for cars to appear as if by magic when they produce the LR document and ask to speak to the dealer principle...Whistle

RE: Are you now car less? - mark_n - 06-11-2011 06:48am

(05-11-2011 07:07pm)wbessada Wrote:  I know of two people that have been initially told there are no cars only for cars to appear as if by magic when they produce the LR document and ask to speak to the dealer principle...Whistle

Excellent, leaking the document was worthwhile.

If they have no cars available, tell the dealer principal that borrowing his own company car would be acceptable. There's certain to be a Terms of Use clause which says that business use must take priority and his skiving off early to drive to the golf club doesn't count...

RE: Are you now car less? - paulus599 - 06-11-2011 12:26pm

(05-11-2011 07:07pm)wbessada Wrote:  I know of two people that have been initially told there are no cars only for cars to appear as if by magic when they produce the LR document and ask to speak to the dealer principle...Whistle

Also tried that, didn't make the slightest bit of difference as they simply do not have any cars to use - hence my suggestion of a hire car instead.