babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: rear TV screen MK1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Absolutely no problem Smile
I just did something similar

You don't need the video in motion unlocker, video-out is always present no matter what interface you have on the screen of the head unit. Even when you have the reverse camera, dvd is shown on rear screens.

Other than that... very happy with my installation. I'm using Rosen monitors with no dvd, as mentioned picture is taken from the head unit video out
Which of the outputs on the back of the screen provides the video out for rear screens to work without video in motion?
The green provides video - out all the time

https:// twitter .com/elchubi/status/458778335007371266

As you can see in one of the photos the head unit is showing the main menu and dvd continues playing from it
One thing I noticed is there are new "TV" options in the menu:

- digital tv1
- digital tv2
- analog tv

That means if someone connects the OEM TV box to that connector it should be enabled by default.

I don't think it can be procured easily though
(26-03-2013 09:33am)doug Wrote: [ -> ]SMB are the sockets on the back of the head unit screen (Jaguar). This lead has a SMB plug at one end & a RCA socket at the other.

------

Hi doug,

Have got my Evoque Pure Tech on order for Match 1st collection.

Couple of questions regarding this - I've not added the TV or duel screen option, does this mean I can still watch DVD's on the screen (when not in motion unless I buy the add on interface to bypass this?).

If so, I'd be interested to know how you wired up your rear screen on your first post in this thread.....

Is it the SMB / RCA adapter which plugs in the back of the CD/DVD unit and then you just run a normal (yellow) RCA video lead to the DVD screen in the back??

Many thanks,

Matt
(28-01-2015 01:35pm)sewy_01 Wrote: [ -> ]------

Hi doug,

Have got my Evoque Pure Tech on order for Match 1st collection.

Couple of questions regarding this - I've not added the TV or duel screen option, does this mean I can still watch DVD's on the screen (when not in motion unless I buy the add on interface to bypass this?).

If so, I'd be interested to know how you wired up your rear screen on your first post in this thread.....

Is it the SMB / RCA adapter which plugs in the back of the CD/DVD unit and then you just run a normal (yellow) RCA video lead to the DVD screen in the back??

Many thanks,

Matt

Hi Mat,

Yes you can watch a DVD as long as your driving under 10mph, on a UK Pure Tech.
The second question, your correct on saying the SMB/RCA adaptor plugs into the back of the screen unit & using the yellow RCA plug to run too a NTSC monitor.

Without the TV on the move box, I don't know if this Aux screen will still show a picture when driving.

Pete from Bell Auto Services doesn't show the "hack box" on his web site anymore, along with the pictures of how to remove the trim too access the back of the screen unit.
(28-01-2015 01:56pm)doug Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Mat,

Yes you can watch a DVD as long as your driving under 10mph, on a UK Pure Tech.
The second question, your correct on saying the SMB/RCA adaptor plugs into the back of the screen unit & using the yellow RCA plug to run too a NTSC monitor.

Without the TV on the move box, I don't know if this Aux screen will still show a picture when driving.

Pete from Bell Auto Services doesn't show the "hack box" on his web site anymore, along with the pictures of how to remove the trim too access the back of the screen unit.

That's great - many thanks for your quick reply!

In that case I'll look to buy one of the TV on the move boxes online somewhere - I've seen quite a few on ebay for around £115.

Are you able to advise which port/plug the SMB/RCA adaptor plugs into or is it obvious? Is that port on the back of the Screen unit or the CD/DVD unit as I understand the CD/DVD unit can be removed much easier than the screen unit?

Also (last question!) - which mode do you have to select on the screen to get the rear screen to play/display what is on the front screen via the connection? Do you simply play a DVD as normal on the front screen and it will replicate to the back if it is plugged in or do you have to select another mode?

Apoligies for the number of questions, but I haven't got my car as yet so unable to check myself!!

Many thanks,
Mat,

The SMB lead connects on the back of the screen itself. That's where the TV on the go muitiplug cable piggybacks on to as well.
There's three SMB sockets on the back of the screen unit, one for video out, rear view camera & the third one I have no ideal what it's for, but my guess would be for a TV turner. As for which one you need for video, the sockets are coloured But I've no ideal which one I used for video Confused But I remember I used the pink & brown sockets (I added a after market rear camera) hence using two sockets.

As for which mode to select. it mirrors the DVD picture. So nothing else to select.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's