Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
wind screen replacement
jamesfeline

wind screen replacement

Hi

newbie post

we have only had a 2014 Evoque Dynamic for 4 weeks and need a new wind screen already, a very unlucky stone chip on the way to work.
I am with Admiral and their cover is with auto windscreens, who seem to have decent reviews etc. Land rover dealer at colchester said ask for a authorization code and they would carry out the repairs.

No such luck admiral said I have to use auto windscreens or I can go to another repairer but would only give me £50 towards the cost .. what a joke, not best pleased.

what to do ?

Nick
13-08-2014 10:09pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tony

RE: wind screen replacement

(13-08-2014 10:09pm)jamesfeline Wrote:  Hi

newbie post

we have only had a 2014 Evoque Dynamic for 4 weeks and need a new wind screen already, a very unlucky stone chip on the way to work.
I am with Admiral and their cover is with auto windscreens, who seem to have decent reviews etc. Land rover dealer at colchester said ask for a authorization code and they would carry out the repairs.

No such luck admiral said I have to use auto windscreens or I can go to another repairer but would only give me £50 towards the cost .. what a joke, not best pleased.

what to do ?

Nick

Always read the small print before you buy insurance!.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
13-08-2014 10:14pm
jamesfeline

Hi

Yes I know .. in the UK any one recommend a good insurance company, any experience with Land rover insurance ?
Even the main dealer in Colchester I think just farms it out to a 3rd party repairer?

I was thinking of just moving over to land rover insurance

also with all these rattle posts I am starting to wonder if I should have purchased another X3? these never rattled when I owned them

Nick
(This post was last modified: 13-08-2014 10:22pm by jamesfeline.)
13-08-2014 10:19pm
Tony

I am in the UK - at the moment!.

I have been with LR insurance for a number of years and did have a windscreen replaced on our FL2, work was done in my drive by Autoglass who LR insurance instructed. First class job, no mess everything cleaned up.

When I get insurance quotes I always ask who they contract to do repairs, windscreen, bodywork etc. as I live in a remote area, my LR dealer is 125 miles away. With LR insurance it goes to a LR approved bodyshop and they only use LR parts. I once got a quote from Admiral and asked the question, their reply was 'no problem, we can get any bodywork repaired at XXX garage which is only 13 miles from you". My reply was no thanks, I would not trust them to put air in my tractor tyres let alone do mechanical/bodywork repairs on an Evoque.

As they say you pay your money and make your choice.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
(This post was last modified: 14-08-2014 11:28am by Tony.)
14-08-2014 11:27am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Hi, I have been with Land Rover Insurance since 1997 and have both my Evoque and Defender covered by them. They are still cheaper for me than any other insurance as their policy includes offroad use and I like to use my Land Rovers as LR intended them to be used. Try asking any of the discount insurers and they will either refuse to cover you for offroad use or hike the premium so high you cannot afford it. LRI don't add an additional premium for offroad use at all. Also on my policy anything I tow and anything on the roofrack or on a bike rack is also covered. My Evoque costs me £197pa and my 1996 Defender costs £210 pa, this year I was offered a "fleet" policy so one policy covers both cars.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 17-08-2014 09:00pm by XFullFatTim.)
17-08-2014 08:59pm
jamesfeline

(17-08-2014 08:59pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Hi, I have been with Land Rover Insurance since 1997 and have both my Evoque and Defender covered by them. They are still cheaper for me than any other insurance as their policy includes offroad use and I like to use my Land Rovers as LR intended them to be used. Try asking any of the discount insurers and they will either refuse to cover you for offroad use or hike the premium so high you cannot afford it. LRI don't add an additional premium for offroad use at all. Also on my policy anything I tow and anything on the roofrack or on a bike rack is also covered. My Evoque costs me £197pa and my 1996 Defender costs £210 pa, this year I was offered a "fleet" policy so one policy covers both cars.

Hi

Good info many thanks
(This post was last modified: 18-08-2014 08:58pm by jamesfeline.)
18-08-2014 08:57pm