Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
what kind of material is on the dashboard ?
scrannel

RE: what kind of material is on the dashboard ?

(27-01-2013 05:08pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  If you have a Dynamic Plus then it is Oxford leather to match the seat leather so I SE the same Gliptone leather cleaner and polish as I use on the seat leather

I have the Dynamic but there does not appear to be a "Plus Package" in the USA for that model (Models for 2013 here are "Pure"; "Pure Plus"; "Prestige" and "Dynamic"). Looks like the dash top is recycled. It has black wood trim with brushed aluminum. Though it does say "CONSOLE TOP PLATE-LEATHER." I presume that means the arm rest/storage thing? Perf lunar leather.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
28-01-2013 11:52pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

Can highly recomend gTechniq C6 Matt dash on the synthetic dash finish, doesnt change the look, gives extra UV protection, and stops marks and even dust. And if you need more than just a damp microfibre to clean then a weak gWash solution should do with a microfibre cloth.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
29-01-2013 12:31am
jitenc

(27-01-2013 10:47pm)Craig_d1 Wrote:  Was told on the pure the dash was made from recycled plastic bottles. Either that or it was recycled milk bottle crates(can't remember). Don't know whether that's true, just what the dealer told me.

My suspicions were right... We are driving a very expensive milk cart...Very Happy

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
29-01-2013 06:17am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It's made from recycled 1.5ltr soft drinks and mineral water bottles, same as Polarfleece jackets are.
Scannel, you would know if you had the Plus pack seats, you would have paid nigh on $7000 more for the privilege and you would have high backed "Recaro" rally style seats like these
[Image: 48e112eb.jpg]

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 29-01-2013 03:30pm by XFullFatTim.)
29-01-2013 03:10pm
scrannel

(29-01-2013 03:10pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  It's made from recycled 1.5ltr soft drinks and mineral water bottles, same as Polarfleece jackets are.
Scannel, you would know if you had the Plus pack seats, you would have paid nigh on $7000 more for the privilege and you would have high backed "Recaro" rally style seats like these

Those seats are not avail in the US and there is no "Plus" package here for the Dynamic (for 2013 anyway). The only upgrades are Magnetic Suspension; Park assist; Rear entertainment; Satellite Radio; climate comfort. The "Gloss Black Strada" is an interior option with black wood accents replacing metal accents. And, of course, different wheels and top colors. Everything else is standard. I was surprised by the differences on the "build it yourself" segment of the UK site. Here, the Dynamic is seen as a "sports" model.

Look, Americans like simple packages: There are currently four "version" avail in 5 door: Pure; Pure Plus; Prestige; Dynamic; There are two "versions" in the Coupe: Pure Plus, and Dynamic. But they all have AWD, all have automatic and all have the same 2.0 gasoline engine. Again, because the Dynamic is being positioned as the "sports car", it's the only one you can get with Magnetic suspension

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
(This post was last modified: 31-01-2013 02:29am by scrannel.)
31-01-2013 01:24am
Fitcherama

I love the shape of the Plus pack seats but cannot believe how badly upholstered they are for the money. There is no excuse for sagging leather as shown here. The standard of upholstery in my car is shameful too.

quote='XFullFatTim' pid='80055' dateline='1359468626']
It's made from recycled 1.5ltr soft drinks and mineral water bottles, same as Polarfleece jackets are.
[/quote]

Barolo Black Dynamic Lux SD4
30-03-2013 05:51pm
slee18

The Prestige is all leather dash just a FYI

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
27-08-2013 10:59pm
speary

(27-01-2013 11:28pm)The Valeter Wrote:  Just wipe it with a slightly damp leather, there is no need for anything else unless of course you actually make it dirty.

Either that or a damp microfiber cloth

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
05-09-2013 01:48pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

That photo was taken the day before the car was delivered, it was in the prepping bay exactly two years ago today and apart from the person who drove the car onto the transporter and the person who drove it off at LPR nobody else had sat in them. They look exactly the same 20000 miles and two years later. The driver weight loading on them has decreased by 30kg in that time a s I am now a shadow of my former self!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2013 02:57pm by XFullFatTim.)
07-09-2013 02:54pm
speary

(07-09-2013 02:54pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  [Image: 48e112eb.jpg]

That photo was taken the day before the car was delivered, it was in the prepping bay exactly two years ago today and apart from the person who drove the car onto the transporter and the person who drove it off at LPR nobody else had sat in them. They look exactly the same 20000 miles and two years later. The driver weight loading on them has decreased by 30kg in that time a s I am now a shadow of my former self!

There's me thinking that xfullfat was because you had the big range rover before the Evoque Embarrassed

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
11-09-2013 08:46am