Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
strange noise caused by airco system
steegie

strange noise caused by airco system

Hi,

Since half a year ago I have noticed a strange noise when driving at low speeds (e.g. when slowely moving forward in a traffic jam or by stopping at the traffic lights).

A few months ago I had to go for maintenance @ my local Land Rover dealer and I did report this. One of the mechanics joined me for a test ride and once we heard the noise he turned off the airco and the noise stopped immediately.

He told me that this noise could by caused by the pulley of the airco compressor or due to leakage of the airco circuit. As such I made a new appointement for this and they replaced the airco compressor pulley and they have refilled the airco circuit.

The noise did however not dissapear (unless you turn off the airco). I was just wondering if there were other evoque owners who have suffered from this strange noise and what could be the reason/solution for this issue
07-11-2015 12:03pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
steegie

RE: strange noise caused by airco system

Since two weeks the noise does not occur anymore. It looks like it has something to do with the ambient temperature : until two weeks ago the temperature was always above 15 degrees Celsius. The last two weeks it was Always colder (below 10 degrees).

This could explain why I only started noticing the noise during march this year and not before.
29-11-2015 01:10pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply