Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
puddle lights
Nowaytk

RE: puddle lights

(05-08-2012 04:48pm)Ianpembs Wrote:  Thanks for your reply I do not have lux pack or keyless. They come on fine when I unlock with remote it just when exiting the car I miss them coming on as stepping into the dark unless I press open on the remote. Strange will have to ask dealer as may be a setting Ive missed.

That's ok Ian, as you said, would ask the dealer as it does seem strange they don't come on on exit

evoque now gone, but not forgotten, on to bigger and better things
05-08-2012 05:20pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doug

(05-08-2012 04:48pm)Ianpembs Wrote:  Thanks for your reply I do not have lux pack or keyless. They come on fine when I unlock with remote it just when exiting the car I miss them coming on as stepping into the dark unless I press open on the remote. Strange will have to ask dealer as may be a setting Ive missed.

+1 for not switching on when opening the door from inside. Please let us know what your dealer has to say.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
05-08-2012 08:22pm
cousin.it

(04-08-2012 10:38pm)normangt Wrote:  Anyway to make puddle lamps brighter? Are they LED?
I just came across these add-on kits for lights on eBay and was surprised to see an Evoque in the pictures. The plain white one's look more my style, but I'm not into flashy light shows on my car and if I believe the pictures they're a bit bright and you wouldn't even know you had puddle lights. I noticed they have another kit with multiple selectable colors too. I think I would want them to work with the courtesy lights which would mean they wouldn't come on when exiting either. Maybe if they were sensing the headlight courtesy circuit?

I've never heard of "breathing" lights.... crazy stuff.

11-08-2012 05:54am
Evo-king

Now I'm confused.

I did a check last night. Puddle lights come on when unlocking from the outside.

But when I get out, no puddle lights. Headlights stay on for predetermined time. Light stalk set on auto, so do not understand, perhaps there is something in the settings menu.

BTW, the reference to Page 5 of the manual post No3 here, doesn't seem to be there in either Quick Start Guide or the Owners Manual.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
11-08-2012 03:16pm
Ianpembs

(11-08-2012 03:16pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Now I'm confused.

I did a check last night. Puddle lights come on when unlocking from the outside.

But when I get out, no puddle lights. Headlights stay on for predetermined time. Light stalk set on auto, so do not understand, perhaps there is something in the settings menu.

BTW, the reference to Page 5 of the manual post No3 here, doesn't seem to be there in either Quick Start Guide or the Owners Manual.

I raised the puddle light issue with dealer and highlighted that there is no external door light on exit and a GS model Freelander has a light in bottom of door which effective on exit, he said he has checked and cannot see how to switch on puddle lights on exit and is checking with LR. Ref the headlights delay can be changed in settings menu but nothing I can find for puddle lights unless it a dealer change only as per folding mirrors on parking. That said the ability to switch on head and rear lights from remote is excellent as our tight council turn off all our street lights and the car a real beacon when all on.
11-08-2012 03:33pm