Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
puddle lights
Ianpembs

puddle lights

After 4 and a half months wait just taken delivery of my new Evoque and must say it is great and well worth the wait after lots of second thoughts on colour both in and out Im really pleased with my choice it looks feels and drives great a feels a quality car. Im just getting to grips with all the toys which will probably take a while. One minor thing I am not sure about are the puddle lamps. I work shifts and in the early hours went out to the car and pressed unlock and was treated to a great light display the lights came on and two perfect circles of light from the puddle lights came on clearly lighting up the area around driver and passenger doors with the logo displayed clearly in each circle a real wow factor. However when I arrived at work a blacked out dock area on leaving the car the puddle lights did not come on and I was stepping out into darkness so was wondering if they only come on when entering the car and nothing on exiting which seems strange or have I missed something.

OG Prestige, Panoroof , style 4 wheels, spare wheel, heated steering wheel, auto dip rear mirror, Vibe interior with Ivory roof lining. Dark Oak trim.
01-08-2012 12:32am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hapsta

RE: puddle lights

Mine come back on when the door is opened but turn off as the car is locked.

Si4 Pure Coupe, Auto, Colima Lime, 20 Inch Style 8 Wheels, Cirrus Interior, Powered Tailgate, Pure Tech Pack, Keyless Entry, Rear Bucket Seats, Powerfold Mirrors, Rain Sensing Wipers, Auto Headlights, Front Parking Aid, Rear Camera, Spare Set 19 inch Style 4 Wheels.
02-08-2012 11:07am
RacingSnake

Yep, puddle lamps on entry only...
Page 5 of the manual Smile
"The interior lamps and puddle lamps will illuminate to assist entry to the vehicle."

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
02-08-2012 05:57pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ianpembs

Cheers for the replies seems strange though no lights on bottom of door for exit though.
02-08-2012 10:59pm
Evo-king

That's bizarre, I've seen mine come on but honestly thought it was on exit not entry.

I don't go out in the dark at this time of year.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
03-08-2012 08:43am
normangt

puddle lights

Anyway to make puddle lamps brighter? Are they LED?
04-08-2012 10:38pm
Nowaytk

Mine come on entry & exit

evoque now gone, but not forgotten, on to bigger and better things
05-08-2012 11:57am
Ianpembs

(05-08-2012 11:57am)Nowaytk Wrote:  Mine come on entry & exit

Do they come on on exit by opening the door by handle or do you press the remote to have them on on exit.
05-08-2012 12:36pm
Nowaytk

(05-08-2012 12:36pm)Ianpembs Wrote:  Do they come on on exit by opening the door by handle or do you press the remote to have them on on exit.

All I do is open the door to get out, the puddle light is on before I even get to close the door. ( they go off when i lock the door ).On entry as soon as I touch the inside of the handle they also come on.
Do you have the lux pack? Keyless?

evoque now gone, but not forgotten, on to bigger and better things
05-08-2012 04:24pm
Ianpembs

Thanks for your reply I do not have lux pack or keyless. They come on fine when I unlock with remote it just when exiting the car I miss them coming on as stepping into the dark unless I press open on the remote. Strange will have to ask dealer as may be a setting Ive missed.
05-08-2012 04:48pm