Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
privacy glass
caroline11000

privacy glass

Ordered a 5 door Pure in Fuji White with ebony seats - if I can I want to add privacy glass - as I haven't seen the car colour combination in the flesh can anyone tell me if by adding privacy glass it would make the interior too dark?

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
20-06-2011 09:57pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: privacy glass

Have u ordered the panoramic roof?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
20-06-2011 10:16pm
Daigriff

(20-06-2011 10:16pm)cjfp Wrote:  Have u ordered the panoramic roof?

Definitley go for panoramic roof before privacy glass IMHO. Far better value and will let more light in.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
20-06-2011 11:10pm
paulus599

(20-06-2011 09:57pm)caroline11000 Wrote:  Ordered a 5 door Pure in Fuji White with ebony seats - if I can I want to add privacy glass - as I haven't seen the car colour combination in the flesh can anyone tell me if by adding privacy glass it would make the interior too dark?

I'm not a fan of privacy glass. To me it always looks very strange, i.e. having the front windows with a slight tint but the rears with a really dark one. Also what's the point in having the people in the front in plain view, then trying to hide the ones in the back - unless they are a celeb of some sort Very Happy Having said that, it's probably a must have if you spec the RSE just to remove the glare from the screens.

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
20-06-2011 11:49pm
vision*R

I'm with you on this, Paulus. I rarely have rear passengers and privacy glass also looks strange to me, sometimes even like two halfs of different cars pasted together.
Now that I'm paying attention to it though, 99% of Range Rovers seem to have privacy glass.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
21-06-2011 12:30am
Charlie
No Longer Registered

Must admit prefer the look without them but have added privacy glass for practical reasons, to keep the sun out of little eyes and to help with the glare when using the RSE.

Caroline have you seen/sat in another RR with black seats and privacy glass? Would be worth popping to a dealer and seeing. Also would definately add the panoramic roof to help with the feeling of light.
21-06-2011 07:45am
caroline11000

(20-06-2011 10:16pm)cjfp Wrote:  Have u ordered the panoramic roof?

Yes I have ordered a panoramic roof - is the pan roof glass as dark as the privacy glass - and will the pan roof make the interior lighter than a solid roof?
(21-06-2011 07:45am)Charlie Wrote:  Must admit prefer the look without them but have added privacy glass for practical reasons, to keep the sun out of little eyes and to help with the glare when using the RSE.

Caroline have you seen/sat in another RR with black seats and privacy glass? Would be worth popping to a dealer and seeing. Also would definately add the panoramic roof to help with the feeling of light.
I have a black RR with privacy glass but it has ivory seats and no pan roof so obviously not the same effect, and as I have broken my leg at the moment I cannot get to a dealer to look at at other cars with the all black combination!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
(This post was last modified: 21-06-2011 11:18am by caroline11000.)
21-06-2011 11:14am
SW6RR

Caroline - the panoramic roof makes a world of difference to the amount of light entering the cabin. It might look dark from the outside, but from the inside the view out is very clear and lots of light comes in.

If you look at some of the videos posted on this site you should be able to see some examples of the panoramic roof, looking outside from the inside the cabin.

I'm sure most, if not all the posters on this site (most of whom have orders in), would tell you that the glass roof is a no-brainer and should be among the first options you spec. Having sat in the car with and without the panoramic roof, I would say that I wouldn't consider the car without it.
21-06-2011 11:21am
caroline11000

(21-06-2011 11:21am)SW6RR Wrote:  Caroline - the panoramic roof makes a world of difference to the amount of light entering the cabin. It might look dark from the outside, but from the inside the view out is very clear and lots of light comes in.

If you look at some of the videos posted on this site you should be able to see some examples of the panoramic roof, looking outside from the inside the cabin.

I'm sure most, if not all the posters on this site (most of whom have orders in), would tell you that the glass roof is a no-brainer and should be among the first options you spec. Having sat in the car with and without the panoramic roof, I would say that I wouldn't consider the car without it.

Thanks for your replies Yes I had already got panoramic roof on order but wondered if by adding privacy glass to an already black interior would make it dark inside even with the panoramic roof?

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Got car 9th Dec 11
21-06-2011 01:30pm
SW6RR

Caroline - I don't think so. The back windows aren't very big so provided you've got the panoramic roof (which lets in way more light than untinted back windows do), I don't think you'll notice much difference between having privacy glass or not tbh.
21-06-2011 01:42pm