Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
poor paint work
kamartinka

poor paint work

Is it just new being really fussy or does some of the paint work seem a little sub standard,seen a few evoques with marks in the paint .
15-05-2012 07:31am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

RE: poor paint work

Nope, I've been a bit disappointed with the paintwork.
I've already had the bonnet resprayed, although that was down to quite a deep scratch from delivery.

Its well documented about the paint on the pillars being poor, and I'll agree. When it gets too bad, I'll have them sprayed up too.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
15-05-2012 07:38am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doug

Welcome Kamartinka,
When you say marks. Do you mean scratchs,orange peel or pin head spots...
I foo have reported a small amount of orange peel on the front or rear wings, which is so small it can't be seen under normal light. As for pin head spots, it's like a LCD TV the markers are aloud so many failed LCDs per area for the TV to pass. Car paint work is a bit like this, one or two spots over the whole vehicle would pass though the factory without being reworked. Any scratches found on delivery should be noted to your dealer before you take delivery.
The Evoque is machine sprayed, so that the level of paint will be the same on each car.
One or two members have refused there cars for poor paint work, but this isn't normally the case as the finish is first class. Apart from the very soft gloss black trim which all car markers are now using.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
(This post was last modified: 15-05-2012 08:08am by doug.)
15-05-2012 07:49am
kamartinka

I work on rr sport most days and the paint seem better. I've seen poor paint on the edges of the rear spoiler on every one I've worked on. Orange peel seems a big problem but in fairness i don't think a normal customer is as fussy as me. Just seems a bit of a joke spending all that money and it ant painted well
15-05-2012 06:14pm