Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
paint and plastic protection
PhilSkill

RE: paint and plastic protection

That's great thanks, never imagined the day a swiss watch maker is making fluids to clean wheels with!

Can I dare to ask how and what you would recommend to prep and seal the brand new white paintwork!? Obviously that gTechnique C1 looks but anything before?

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
26-10-2011 10:16pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barneyridge

(26-10-2011 06:24pm)Iain S Wrote:  PhilSkill, you may want to try this product instead. Watch the video. G techniq products are very impressive!

http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars/ext...el-armour/

Look like really good stuff. Had a search where I could get here, and for a 50ml bottle the price is AUD $352 without postage Shocked. I think I might just wash the wheels each week as I do now.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
26-10-2011 10:37pm
Iain S

(26-10-2011 10:16pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  That's great thanks, never imagined the day a swiss watch maker is making fluids to clean wheels with!

Can I dare to ask how and what you would recommend to prep and seal the brand new white paintwork!? Obviously that gTechnique C1 looks but anything before?

This Swisswax video will show you the basics http://www.swissvax.co.uk/process You could substitute the finnal wax stage with the G techniq C2 product.

(26-10-2011 10:37pm)Barneyridge Wrote:  Look like really good stuff. Had a search where I could get here, and for a 50ml bottle the price is AUD $352 without postage Shocked. I think I might just wash the wheels each week as I do now.

If you go onto the G techniq UK website it shows they ship to Australia but I think you need to either call or email them to enquire about the cost. $352 AUS is ridiculous when a bottle of C2 costs the quivalent of $20 AUS here.

Arrived: Dynamic Si4 Coupe Firenze Red/Narvik Black
Arrived: Dynamic Plus Sd4 5 Door Fuji White
(This post was last modified: 26-10-2011 10:53pm by Iain S.)
26-10-2011 10:52pm
Barneyridge

Ian,

Check this out. This is the Australian website address.

http://www.gtechniq.com.au/articles/_C5_Wheel_Armour/24

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
26-10-2011 10:56pm
Iain S

Wow..... that is quite a mark up! Shocked Business opportunity there to aquire in bulk in the UK and resell in Oz via eBay I should think Wink

27-10-2011 08:35am
Spiderman

Iain

Once you have applied G techniq C2 product over swisswax as you have done on your new Evoque can you just reapply a top up of swisswax Onyx as and when required without further preparation or is there no need?

Thanks

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
(This post was last modified: 27-10-2011 10:12am by Spiderman.)
27-10-2011 10:11am
Iain S

You can reapply a coat of wax over the top of the C2. I use the C2 in diluted form as per G techniq's recommendation with water as a quick detailer after washing and drying the car as it builds up further protection. The great thing about it is it can be sprayed onto glass, rubber and plastic and wiped off with a microfibre so one product really does it all for routine cleaning. I think you'll be impressed as it certainly helps bead water on your windscreen when it rains (a bit like RainX) and helps delay/prevent the build up of traffic film that makes a screen greasy and impairs vision.

(This post was last modified: 27-10-2011 12:24pm by Iain S.)
27-10-2011 12:23pm
Rootsboy

(27-10-2011 12:23pm)Iain S Wrote:  You can reapply a coat of wax over the top of the C2. I use the C2 in diluted form as per G techniq's recommendation with water as a quick detailer after washing and drying the car as it builds up further protection. The great thing about it is it can be sprayed onto glass, rubber and plastic and wiped off with a microfibre so one product really does it all for routine cleaning. I think you'll be impressed as it certainly helps bead water on your windscreen when it rains (a bit like RainX) and helps delay/prevent the build up of traffic film that makes a screen greasy and impairs vision.

this is interesting, does it also help protect the rubber and plastic as well, or its just the fact that it does not leave and marks.
i was looking at using some C4 as a plastic trim protector, possibly as soon as i get me new car. the plastic on all cars gets eaten by the spanish sun, and so far this looks like the best solution, but i did not look into detail to much about the other G-Techniqs stuff now i already have a few other products.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
27-10-2011 12:37pm
Iain S

It's probably worth using the C4 to protect plastic from very strong sunlight. The C2 works well in the UK on rubber and plastic trim as we don't have continuously high UV levels or high temperatures.

27-10-2011 12:54pm
Spiderman

Thanks Iain...

:0)

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
(This post was last modified: 28-10-2011 11:19am by Spiderman.)
28-10-2011 01:44am