Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ordered an RR Evoque
Mark^^

ordered an RR Evoque

Hi all,

I have been looking through the site for a month or so and it has been very helpful in helping me decide on my next car.

I currently have two cars, my blinged and zinged up 2004 Ford Territory and a 2010 Subaru Liberty GT. The Subaru is a novated lease and the lease is up. I have been thinking about a replacement for a year knowing I want to be able to do long driving trips and have some capacity off road when I need it, but nothing heavy duty. The Subaru has the capacity but no clearance with a body kit and its more performance orientation. I cannot bring myself to sell the Territory, as I have invested too much into it, so it becomes my puppy transport vehicle – he is a 7 month old Great Dane and fills the cargo area already.

I have been looking at both the Discovery 4 and the Jeep Grand Cherokee and decided that I did not need a big tank and wanted something a bit more elegant. Then I saw the Evoque on the road and I was hooked. So I took a couple of test drives of both manual (TD) and auto (SD) and loved them both. So I started looking around and getting quotes. While I ideally wanted a manual with adaptive dynamics I knew that to get this combination I would be looking at a new order and waiting 5 or months for delivery, which was too long for me.

So looking at what was available through my local dealer in Canberra, who has been very helpful, I have put a deposit on a Fuji White 5 Door Dynamic SD4 automatic with Energy interior and a panoramic roof. Optioned with privacy glass, parking aid – front, surround camera system with towing assist, and Convenience pack with: powered electrical tailgate, keyless entry and loadspace stowage rails and three year service thrown in.

This was initially an order for two cars which were supposed to be exactly the same, with an Agility interior, but one of the two got the wrong interior and when offered it to me with a saving of around $4k I jumped at it. Even though it’s not exactly what I wanted I am happy with the outcome as I initially optioned up a car over $100k and decided this was just too much.

I have done the tracking process and my car left Southampton on 1 March and arrives at Port Kembla on 7 April on the Aniar. Dealer expects it around 25th April and then the fun will start.

Mark

Fuji White Dynamic SD4 – auto, with Energy interior and pano roof.
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2013 01:54am by Mark^^.)
05-03-2013 08:59am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: ordered an RR Evoke

*Evoque Wink

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2013 10:02am by cjfp.)
05-03-2013 10:02am
Mark^^

RE: ordered an RR Evoque

sorry fixed, difficult typing and thinking with a Great Dane puppy harassing you because he wants dinner.

05-03-2013 10:11am
BA74

Congrats Mark.
Bought mine from Canberra. Great dealer and service centre. Still go back to Canberra infrequently and time my service to get done there still.

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
05-03-2013 11:56am
varshnei

Congrats! Mind saying what you ended up paying for it on road?
05-03-2013 12:40pm
Mark^^

BA74 good to know that the service centre here is good and it is a good recommendation that you travel for servicing. It does help as my experience with service departments has not been very happy here in Canberra. Ford service is atrocious and I would never buy another Ford, and Subaru (Woden) are fantastic. I forgot to add I am also getting 3 year service thrown in.

Varshnei I am paying around $87k on road in NSW. I live in NSW and work in Canberra.

(This post was last modified: 06-03-2013 01:44am by Mark^^.)
05-03-2013 10:28pm
boinzo

Nice one Mark. Enjoy the wait. Mine is slowly approaching the Panama Canal. Due into port end of this month.

Ipanema TD4 Auto Dynamic 5dr, Black Pano, 20" S7, Pursuit. Built 12/02/13, At the dealer! BOOOOO YAH!
06-03-2013 01:37am
BA74

I have the 3 Years free service as well. Have had two services and not paid a cent yet!
Completely agree about Ford Woden too. My other car is a Ford and I'm not taking it back to Woden for services!
Good price too!

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2013 02:57am by BA74.)
06-03-2013 02:55am
Mark^^

BA74 not sure what model Ford you have, but I have been getting mine serviced by Craig Hall Mechanical, also Woden, for years. They have been great, and I am somewhat fussy who works on my car. While their costs are not 'cheap' I know the work is done and its high quality, for example they replaced my full suspension and the result was great. I cannot praise them enough.

06-03-2013 03:31am
Mark^^

Well the Aniara is docking in Perth today, only 7 days till it reaches Port Kembla and the count down to delivery is starting.

01-04-2013 04:34am