Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
one touch windows....
RacingSnake

one touch windows....

Am I going mad....?
Are the windows supposed to one-touch close?

Both mine one-touch open, but I noticed the other day that the passenger didn't close on 1-touch - and today the drivers didn't either.

That said, I'm not sure if they have ever done it? - have they?! lol Laughing

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
04-11-2013 09:09am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BFGEvoqueMan

RE: one touch windows....

(04-11-2013 09:09am)RacingSnake Wrote:  Am I going mad....?
Are the windows supposed to one-touch close?

Both mine one-touch open, but I noticed the other day that the passenger didn't close on 1-touch - and today the drivers didn't either.

That said, I'm not sure if they have ever done it? - have they?! lol Laughing

Sounds like they need resetting (has the battery been disconnected?). The manual tells you how to do it, but from memory I think you need to lower the window then holding the close switch up, let the window go up and close fully and then still keep holding the switch up for about 2 or 3 seconds. You will need to do this for each window. You should then get your full one touch functionality restored. Simples Thumbs Up

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2013 09:16am by BFGEvoqueMan.)
04-11-2013 09:15am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

Ahhhh - you know, I didn't even think of that.
Yes! I disconnected the battery at the weekend to fit my heated steering wheel Very Happy
Thumbs Up

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
04-11-2013 09:22am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BFGEvoqueMan

(04-11-2013 09:22am)RacingSnake Wrote:  Ahhhh - you know, I didn't even think of that.
Yes! I disconnected the battery at the weekend to fit my heated steering wheel Very Happy
Thumbs Up

Dohhhhhh........

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
04-11-2013 09:36am
RacingSnake

Fixed Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up

04-11-2013 06:41pm
gw76

Just the drivers window playing up for me, only doing the intermittent when pressed- no one touch. Its only annoying when you realise you dont have it !. Tried all these tips and still not working Sad
Do you need to do the up down hold thing for all the windows even if its only one thats playing up
Not sure why its gone off as no battery interruption
08-04-2014 09:37pm
RacingSnake

only the affected window... give it a few goes, and be generous with the '2 or 3' seconds - make it 5-10 and see if that works.

09-04-2014 11:43am
Fulles

(04-11-2013 09:22am)RacingSnake Wrote:  I disconnected the battery at the weekend to fit my heated steering wheel Very Happy

Was it easy to fit? Where did you get the new steering wheel from - is it a land rover part?

I asked my dealer to add the heated steeling wheel to my order and he forgot to do it. When I chased him up it was too late to add it so it's coming with the standard steering wheel. The dealer said it can't be retro fitted. I know it can because I've seen the you tube video but does that void the warranty?

Also when it's specified as a built to order option is the steering wheel the only difference or are there other differences (such as a bigger battery/alternator)?

Sorry - a lot of questions there.

Thanks,
Steve
09-04-2014 02:09pm
RacingSnake

I got the heated wheel itself from ebay - proper bargain as it was mis-advertised (£170 delivered), but yes, genuine wheel.
Then I bought the heated slip-ring from duckworths. - £120
Took about 20 mins to fit - could be much faster but I was being careful and taking photo's.

Complete rubbish about the retrofit, it is a very very easy job.

09-04-2014 03:49pm
gw76

(09-04-2014 11:43am)RacingSnake Wrote:  only the affected window... give it a few goes, and be generous with the '2 or 3' seconds - make it 5-10 and see if that works.
Nope, still no luck, even with 10 secs, holding up and holding down Crying
09-04-2014 10:50pm