Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
my pure order without nav
ED209

RE: my pure order without nav

Im not getting nav on my pure, Got it on my current car and to be honest I hardly use it. I know where i work, i know where i live, i know where my friends and family live, I know where most of the places i often visit are.

I would estimate that if i had paid the full £1350 ish price of the nav option in my scirocco it would have probably cost me about £100 for each time i have used it.

Also my car has been for sale for about 6 weeks now and it doesnt appear to be helping to sell it, despite mine being well priced and the only one of that model i can find for sale with full leather and nav.
08-08-2011 05:25pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
forest172

Good to see a few other guys buying without navigation, just found out today that they don't come with heated screen or washer jets unless you have the navigation. And you can't add them as options neither.

Evoque PURE sd4 auto
Disco 4 GS gone
Toy 1 - Focus RS mk2
Toy 2 - Evo Xrs in the garage as my avatar
08-08-2011 09:06pm
caroline11000

Despite the extra cost I would prefer a car with built in nav! I decided on tech pack which included some other extras also.

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
08-08-2011 09:39pm
lrdaft

No nav for me had it in both previous rangerovers and only used a handful of times

Pure sd4 auto Fuji cirrus
08-08-2011 10:14pm
forest172

that`s it made my mind up, no nav

Evoque PURE sd4 auto
Disco 4 GS gone
Toy 1 - Focus RS mk2
Toy 2 - Evo Xrs in the garage as my avatar
09-08-2011 11:31am
Acwats

No sat nav for me. You also need to consider how long you are keeping the car to understand its value to the next owner

if you are selling it in 2 years then somebody paying 20+k might expect/prefer this. If you plan go keep the car for 5 years then the next purchaser is hardly likely to be the sort of buyer who can afford to be pedantic or dealing in prestige new toys By then the system will be out of date anyway. Interesting to see that the Q3 allows you to upgrade at any time - are you reading LR? (or course you are we all know it!)

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2011 06:42pm by Acwats.)
09-08-2011 06:42pm
jutrem

In Canada all Range Rover models have had standard Navigation for the last ~ 10 years.

Navigation systems now incorporate the climate control, stereo/ audio and other functions as well as satellite navigation. Our older LR's eg. (LR2, Disco 3's, RR Sport 1) usually had stand alone Navigation systems. Just because you didn't use the old stand alone Navigation doesn't mean much when the Navigation touch screen now replaces all the other buttons on the dashboard.
09-08-2011 11:15pm
paulus599

(09-08-2011 11:15pm)jutrem Wrote:  In Canada all Range Rover models have had standard Navigation for the last ~ 10 years.

Navigation systems now incorporate the climate control, stereo/ audio and other functions as well as satellite navigation. Our older LR's eg. (LR2, Disco 3's, RR Sport 1) usually had stand alone Navigation systems. Just because you didn't use the old stand alone Navigation doesn't mean much when the Navigation touch screen now replaces all the other buttons on the dashboard.

And that's what buggered up one of my old jobs - working for TRW designing switches for the automotive industry! Confused

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
09-08-2011 11:23pm