Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
metallic clunking sound sound
gege34

RE: metallic clunking sound sound

@BFGEvoqueMan
seems I've this pb. I've a towbar, and the noise appears sometimes, especially when I'm hard with the throttle pedal. And disappear after 15 minutes when I'm kind with the throttle pedal.

but could you explain how to fix. what are "Couple of plastic ties near the exhaust hangers solves the problem" ?

thanks
23-05-2016 04:19pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BFGEvoqueMan

(23-05-2016 04:19pm)gege34 Wrote:  @BFGEvoqueMan
seems I've this pb. I've a towbar, and the noise appears sometimes, especially when I'm hard with the throttle pedal. And disappear after 15 minutes when I'm kind with the throttle pedal.

but could you explain how to fix. what are "Couple of plastic ties near the exhaust hangers solves the problem" ?

thanks

On my first car which was a td4 (single exhaust end) I squeezed the rubber exhaust hangar with a big cable tie to that the exhaust could not move back - this worked and I had a witter bar fitted. On my Dynamic I had a Remorci bar fitted which was a completly invisible vertical detachable bar. I think the cross bar was wider but when the dpf regenerated the back box moved back about 3 cm as it expanded. I got an old heat shield from another car and folded it and cable tied to the cross bar - this absorbed the clonking. Bit sh** really but maybe they never tested the towbar with the engine hot?

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
30-05-2016 08:11pm
gege34

You are wright. Mine is a 2016 SE Dynamic with a Umbra Remorchi Towbar. I just saw yesterday the exhaust can touch the towbar when DPF is on and increase the temperature of exhaust.
I will try to fix with a cable tie.
Thanks a lot
08-06-2016 10:01am