Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
legally speaking, where do I stand?
dandavis1

legally speaking, where do I stand?

To cut a long story short, I collected my evoque in September and it has had rattles even since. It's been back to the dealers 3 times and needs to go in again (more rattles and a previous repair means the drivers window gets smeared in grease every time its wound down.

I've given them plenty of occasions and about 6 months to rectify the rattles but they aren't managing to do so. The car is miserable to drive. What are my options? Should I insist LR HQ look at the car? Somehow 'reject' the car?

Any advice appreciated.
15-04-2012 11:19am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PigLauncher

RE: legally speaking, where do I stand?

(15-04-2012 11:19am)dandavis1 Wrote:  To cut a long story short, I collected my evoque in September and it has had rattles even since. It's been back to the dealers 3 times and needs to go in again (more rattles and a previous repair means the drivers window gets smeared in grease every time its wound down.

I've given them plenty of occasions and about 6 months to rectify the rattles but they aren't managing to do so. The car is miserable to drive. What are my options? Should I insist LR HQ look at the car? Somehow 'reject' the car?

Any advice appreciated.

A friend had this problem with a brand new Audi. He got a full refund. After months of failure by the dealer he put it in the hands of a solicitor. Don't give in.

Manual Dynamic, Firenze, Chrome Shadows, Santorini Pano,Verve,Ebony Headliner,Lux Pack, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons.TPMS. June the 20th.
15-04-2012 12:14pm
tetstb

(15-04-2012 11:19am)dandavis1 Wrote:  To cut a long story short, I collected my evoque in September and it has had rattles even since. It's been back to the dealers 3 times and needs to go in again (more rattles and a previous repair means the drivers window gets smeared in grease every time its wound down.

Any advice appreciated.

Welcome to my world !

Dealers are useless and Land Rover couldn't give a rats a$$.

My dealer are incapable of fixing it as they simply can't find it and every time they try, they break something else.

I am going to speak to them again tomorrow and tell them they can have their car back. So pee'd off, I simply hate driving it

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
(This post was last modified: 15-04-2012 02:50pm by tetstb.)
15-04-2012 02:47pm
pinkkey

I think its not 100% about legal for your matter.

It's reputation, media pressure to your dealer and LR, that will cost them the most.

Tell them to fix it or i will start to promote this on Facebook Twisted Evil
15-04-2012 03:48pm
J77

The hard fact of the matter is rattles are hard to locate and even harder to rectify often causing more in the process. I had a knocking noise in one of my freelanders, the first attempt to fix it I left the car with the dealer and about 3 hours later they said it was fixed, they said it was the jack/spare wheel had come loose, sure enough the drive home the car started knocking. Took the car back in the following week unannounced and told them I was leaving the car with them, told me they couldn't look at the car but would send a mechanic out with me on a test drive. Luckily the car started knocking and the mechanic acknowledge there was a fault. He said "now to try and find it" that was the problem, myself and the mechanic both agreed that it was on the drivers side from the centre of the car but on a further test drive it was found to be the trim at the bottom of the A pillar rubbing as the car body flexed. Luckily they managed to fix it and everything was fine after that. I don't hold anything against my dealer as it was an absolute bxxxxxd to find and as sound travels it gave false impression of where the knock was coming from.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
15-04-2012 04:15pm
dandavis1

(15-04-2012 02:47pm)tetstb Wrote:  Welcome to my world !

Dealers are useless and Land Rover couldn't give a rats a$$.

Is it widely known/accepted that LR don't care or is that just your own experience?

When purchasing goods, if they are defective you have the right to return them for a refund - does this also apply to cars?

I have a contact within LR (a customer service person whom I dealt with after complaining about the awful buying experience) but I feel his job is just to shut me up rather than actually sort out the problem.

I don't want to get too angry and irate but I have now had enough.
J77 - to be fair, the dealers have fixed the rattles each time but new ones appear (or they come back). If they can't stop through rattles then surely that's a build defect and I should have some recourse? (being flippant, I was never told my car may include rattles)
(This post was last modified: 15-04-2012 04:27pm by dandavis1.)
15-04-2012 04:24pm
xxxx5

Had a simlar situation but to be fair to my dealer they called JLR straight away and they came and inspected my car. JLR guys repaired the car at my dealers, still awaiting some parts to complete the full repair. I have told my dealer that if my car still isn't to my satisfaction then I will reject it, and they fully understand the situation.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
15-04-2012 04:46pm
J77

@DD1- I know with the Fl2 there was a known fault regarding knocks/rattles with the A-pillar trim. Maybe the more owners that suffer rattles they may accept that there is a design fault. Yourself and tetstb Both have dynamics and are both having problems with rattles, maybe a design fault on dynamic cars.....just a thought. You should have some rights regarding rejecting your car if it has suffered with these problems from day one.

@XXXX5- It does help if your dealer understands.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 15-04-2012 05:17pm by J77.)
15-04-2012 05:16pm
xxxx5

One of my rattle was from the vent in the A frame, the form that surrounds inside had come loose, (known fault). JLR fixed it and that one hasn't rattled since.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
15-04-2012 05:20pm
dandavis1

(15-04-2012 04:46pm)xxxx5 Wrote:  Had a simlar situation but to be fair to my dealer they called JLR straight away and they came and inspected my car. JLR guys repaired the car at my dealers, still awaiting some parts to complete the full repair. I have told my dealer that if my car still isn't to my satisfaction then I will reject it, and they fully understand the situation.

How long have you had your car?

I forgot to mention, mine is an Si4 dynamic coupe
15-04-2012 05:25pm