Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
landrover adventure day
tattoobob26

landrover adventure day

I'm going on the complementry landrover adventure day soon and was wondering if anyone knew If you can take the other half with you or is it a one man jobj
Thanks
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2015 10:42pm by tattoobob26.)
12-08-2015 10:40pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doug

RE: landrover adventure day

One guest who can also drive the course if there want do. Driving licence needed.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
12-08-2015 10:50pm
tattoobob26

Thank you that's what I was hoping
13-08-2015 04:44am
jcarrot

(12-08-2015 10:40pm)tattoobob26 Wrote:  I'm going on the complementry landrover adventure day soon and was wondering if anyone knew If you can take the other half with you or is it a one man jobj
Thanks

I have been on a couple now and as far as I know it is possible to take two guests (yourself and one other to drive) which I did on the last occasion.
13-08-2015 11:49am
Wife's car

You can take two other people, and they can drive as well, as long as they have a driving licence and less than 6 points, it appears now that you have also to produce your national insurance number as well...don't know why.
13-08-2015 12:25pm
rchrdleigh

The paper part of the current UK Driving Licence ceased to be used with effect from 8th July 2015. In order to prove the status of your licence you now need to log onto the DVLA website, type in your licence number, National Insurance Number and postcode and then either print out a copy of your paper licence or obtain a code you can give to whoever needs it, such as car hire company.
The print out and/pr code are only valid for 21 days so if you're regularly hiring a vehicle you'll need to keep generating new codes or print outs.

Supposed to save paper over the old system and be more up to date!!!!!!
20-08-2015 07:08pm
Evo-king

I think you will find each Experience Centre will send you an e-mail and ask you use the link to a company called FleetServe or something similar.

You then fill in a series of boxes and submit the form. Nothing else needed.

I know because in the last month I've attended two JLR events.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
22-08-2015 09:33pm
J77

It's an absolute pain, now they have done away with the paper part. I've got an LR voucher when I got the DS never used it yet. The DS is now getting binned in favour of a real Discovery so no doubt get another voucher which will lie doing nothing.

Can't be bothered with putting info into websites when I have a perfectly good paper part lying in a drawer.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
23-08-2015 05:56pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Wow J, what's wrong with the DS? I read in What Car? and Autocar that the new version with the Ingenium engine is a huge improvement on the launch cars too.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
23-08-2015 07:58pm
J77

The DS is a good car, and that's the problem rather than make it a great car, they have went with this that'll do mentality. They have tried to take on the Germans and missed.

No seat belt height adjustment
Constant squeaks from rear seats, already been in for a fix
Incontrol touch has a mind of its own
B pillar rattle or "tick" as LR call it
Drivers electric window has a mind of its own
Reverse lights shockingly poor, I've even upgraded to LEDs

But most of all I miss the D4, didn't think I would as the DS size wise anyway suits my needs.

My dealer offered £37k to buy it back cost me £38.5k, plus got a money off the Discovery and various bits and peices thrown in, a one shot offer really.

The DS is a really nice car to drive and LR have made big steps towards improving the quality of their product but they haven't gone far enough. I don't want to put any potential owner off buying one there is lots of happy owners, it's just not the car for me.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 24-08-2015 09:40am by J77.)
24-08-2015 09:31am