Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
jump to 1st gear
misstgirl

jump to 1st gear

So recently purchased 13' plate evoque dynamic auto very nice just one thing I am concerned about and it doesn't happen all the time.
so when sat in traffic edging forward, then we stop, then when we start move again the and I go from brake to accelerator the vehicle seems to clunk/jolt forward in to gear once moving its fine if i continue at this pace it can keep doing it but once we reach a steady pace and then I stop it seems to clear itself. and like I say its not all the time!
08-09-2018 11:52am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: jump to 1st gear

Welcome to the forum, i’m Sorry that a problem with your car brought you here.
Is it a 6 Speed auto or a 9 Speed Auto, Petrol or Diesel engine? The gearbox change over happened in October 2013. The 9 Speed should start off in 2nd or even 3rd gear as 1st is a crawler gear and normally wouldn’t be engaged unless off road or towing. I had a 9 speeder that was perfect until a software “upgrade” patch was applied to the ZF gearbox that caused the car to drop into 1st and then it screamed up the revs on pulling away. It also caused the car to burn out DPF sensors every week. It sounds like you may need the gearbox re-flashed with the updated software. The only other thing I can think of is if this only happens at junctions and traffic lights - it might not be the gearbox at all but the auto stop/start system cutting in when you stop and disengaging on pull away and you are not used to a car with that system. You can disable the stop start with a button on the Centre console

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2018 06:03pm by XFullFatTim.)
08-09-2018 06:00pm
misstgirl

Hi its 6 speed and how do i locate the start/stop button to see if it is that?
08-09-2018 10:13pm
misstgirl

(08-09-2018 10:13pm)misstgirl Wrote:  Hi its 6 speed and how do i locate the start/stop button to see if it is that?

Ignore the above comments about start/stop button it was late! How do i disable the stop/start to see if it is that? I have no eco button!
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2018 10:02am by misstgirl.)
09-09-2018 09:59am
benzina

If you don't have a eco button, then you probably don't have the stop/start function on your car, as it is the eco button thats disengages it manually. My 2012 does not have stop/start either.

Another possible solution is that your automatic may need the adaptive learning procedure manually done to it. I remember having a clunk happen when going from D to R and back to D.....then i had the adaptive learning procedure done to it, and it fixed this immediately.
Your dealer can do this for you.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2018 04:26am by benzina.)
10-09-2018 04:22am