Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
iphone 4s incoming calls not showing callers name
peet

iphone 4s incoming calls not showing callers name

Hi
Apologies if this has already been answered but I cant find any mentions:

I have an Iphone 4s which is paired to the car and works fine. However I have noticed that incoming calls from people who are on my contact list display as unknown number on the car display. I also note that when making calls and using the contact list and selecting, for example, a contact for whom I have 3 numbers (home mobile and work), the selection on the screen will show 1 2 and 3 and the name against each number, and only when I select 1 2 or 3 will it then display the number itself, so I have to retrace my steps and try agin if I was trying to call them on their mobile and selected 2 only for their work number to be displayed.
Hope that makes sense.
Cheers

Mauritius Blue 5 door Prestige +LUX. Manual SD4. Ambiance interior - Spare
Took Delivery: 23/03/12
Bike: Honda ST1300 Pan European
12-04-2012 10:21am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chiggy

RE: iphone 4s incoming calls not showing callers name

if your phone is locked I believe it will appear as unknown numbers initially but if you wait about 5 seconds it realises who the number is and ends up saying the name.

that's how it works for me at least.

not sure about the second issue however as I just put different numbers under different names such as "X" mobile or "X" home as I find its easier to call them that way rather than going into the contact and then selecting which number to call on etc etc. that's just me though.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
12-04-2012 12:58pm
musher

Is there also a way that you can get it to use one of the phone ringtones and not the cars one?

I have found where you should be able to change it within the menu, but it doesn't appear to allow you to switch it to your phone ringtones when you touch the prompt it only seems tojust allow the car's ringtone to be used.

Hope this all makes sense to you??

MY 14 Fuji 5 Door Dynamic SD4 9 Speed Auto Box with pano roof, auto boot, Auto dimming rear view mirror, Privacy glass, Mud Flaps, Bonnet/Boot black Lettering and 5 year service plan thrown in for good measure
12-04-2012 02:01pm
peet

Thank you both. I might try to ajust my address book a little to store multiple numbers under different names as you do chiggy

Mauritius Blue 5 door Prestige +LUX. Manual SD4. Ambiance interior - Spare
Took Delivery: 23/03/12
Bike: Honda ST1300 Pan European
12-04-2012 04:51pm