Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
interesting web finds
SW6RR

RE: interesting web finds

In fairness, I think all range rover have done is described the Evoque in terms which compare it to the sport and the full fat and have made clear where it sits in relation to those.

I think ats fair enough, it might share a common base with the freelander, but that's true of many cars and doesn't mean that the freelander is necessarily the correct reference point (and obviously from a marketing perspective RR wouldn't want to do this). Also we shouldn't forget that an enormous amount of the Evoques design is brand new - it's not really a freelander with a fancy coat on at all.
28-04-2011 11:18am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Blackseries

(28-04-2011 09:49am)vision*R Wrote:  It was a very short article, but here's the translation of the part about the suspension:

"The suspension of the prototypes we were able to drive, already filtered excellently. The MagneRide dampers give the Evoque a "light-footed" feeling. These dampers of the third generation (still in development phase), which can change consistency twice as fast as before, seemed to suffer from copy tendency in Sports mode (especially on the rear wheels). All in all, the prototypes felt like true Range Rovers in terms of sitting comfort, steering feedback, materials and shock absorption of the suspension. In that way, the Evoque really makes a difference with the Freelander."

Thanks for that.

Does anyone know if there is any difference to the ride quality between cars with Magnaride in the normal position (i.e. non Dynamic mode) and cars without it. My thoughts are probably not because surely they would want the Prestige to have the best ride quality in normal driving mode and its not fitted as standard to that model .

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
28-04-2011 11:56am
LRX
Banned

A friend if mine has driven the evoque a few times and says magneride is 'awesome'.
28-04-2011 12:40pm
paulus599

(28-04-2011 09:08am)LRX Wrote:  I disagree with Which?'s way of doing business so refuse to subscribe, but appreciate you passing on this info.

A little off topic but what do you mean by that? - I'm intrigued!

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
28-04-2011 05:27pm
LRX
Banned

Careful - you'll get me going! I subscribed to Which for year and found it to be one of the most infuriating magazines ever.

- most of the articles are good for once-every-decade purchases - washing machines, dishwashers etc etc. So why do I want to read about them month in month out?
- in any given category, Which will award several 'Best Buys'. How can a dozen dishwashers all be the best?
- I don't trust a magazine which decides to ensure it is only available via subscription. Why not make the website and all the previous reviews only available to subscribers but still have the monthly printed magazine available in WHSmith?
- A very large portion on Which?'s website and magazine tells you what is so great about Which and why you should subscribe - very annoying when you're already a subscriber. Massive articles are handed over to 'behind the scenes' of the testing process.

And relax...
29-04-2011 01:01am
paulus599

Oops, didn't mean to get you going, hope the blood pressure has returned to normal now Smile

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
29-04-2011 09:35am
vinda

http://www.autospies.com/news/NEW-YORK-A...que-63525/
01-05-2011 01:14am
Kermit

(01-05-2011 01:14am)vinda Wrote:  http://www.autospies.com/news/NEW-YORK-A...que-63525/

Model badges shown on the rear.
[Image: auto-show-photos.asp?imageId=123004&...leryId=278]
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2011 10:01am by Kermit.)
01-05-2011 09:36am
vinda

The black car. Is it Barolo black?
03-05-2011 11:12am
Kermit

(03-05-2011 11:12am)vinda Wrote:  The black car. Is it Barolo black?

I believe so. That hit of red/purple gives it away.
03-05-2011 03:46pm