Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
in car entertainment
LDT

RE: in car entertainment

(01-12-2011 08:55pm)neil-c Wrote:  Thanks for all the replies, actually have two old iPods so for ease of use that may be the way to go. Anyway would you believe my car turned up at the dealers today with the wrong wheels NNNOOO!!! Dealers fault apparently but have to wait a few more days

An opportune time to request a Christmas hamper to make up for the gross inconvenience??!!

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
01-12-2011 09:47pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jeffzimm

I have an ipod hooked up along with a 32gb usb stick. I find that I'm using the 32gb stick more than the ipod since its easier for me to sync up a small subset of music to the usb stick. I also manage most of my music on PC in folders (not itunes) so copying folders to the usb stick is ideal for me.

I dont believe that you can simply copy your music from itunes to USB stick without converting it to mp3 format. I could be wrong on that - havent tested.

And I'm almost positive that you cannot play videos that are in ipod/iphone (mp4) format. videos need to be converted to divx or xvid first. Easy to do with some free easy vid converters.

Finally, yes, by plugging in ipod, you have instant access to all playlists/music that's on the ipod.

(29-11-2011 10:33pm)neil-c Wrote:  Hopefully getting my Evoque in a couple of days (Pure with tech pack) and as a bit of a technophobe am wondering the best way to get my music integrated. Both my partner and I have Iphones but was thinking of getting a 32gb usb and putting a load of music on that and having it plugged in all the time.

Firstly, can I transfer music straight from itunes to a stick and plug it in or does it need to be in a seperate format?

Secondly, if i plug an iphone in with a lead will it give access to all playlists etc from the car screen?

Lastly, will it play any videos i have on itunes (quicktime files i think) in the car?

Thanks in advance
09-12-2011 08:22pm
LP

in car entertainment

Jeffzim - On a mac you can just drag files from iTunes into a folder. The only issue you'll have is if you have old music you bought through the iTunes store which is drm protected. This won't play in the Evoque.
10-12-2011 12:04am
mcrodgers5

"I'll be putting a large tough drive with all my CDs enoded in mp3 or wma at 192kbps"

Noooo. Use WAV or AIFF - WAV is essentially the file format on a CD, AIFF apple's version which given their near ubiquitous status in professional studios is common. You can't get back the data you chuck away at 192k and with storage so cheap there is no longer any need to. You won't hear your system at anything like it's best using heavily compressed lossy MP3's.

ED4 2wd, with tech pack, ordered in Galway Green, but told might be Aintree Green. Due mid April 2012.
14-02-2012 04:06pm
BOBM4N

I have an iPod touch connected all the time but I find the navigation via the console painfully slow. Anyone else think so? Is this an Appleism or is it the same on a USB stick/disk?

You tap in 'Browse' and it takes a while to load the next screen - I say "a while", it probably only a couple of seconds but it is noticeable and slower than you GUI brain expects it to be.

Then you tap 'Album' (or any other criteria) and wait a while before you have to scan through the entries in order.

Why is there no letter based filter to jump straight to the album/artist you want? If you have 100's of albums you would spend ages tapping away at the console to get to the song you want...

I know you can modify the number of entities that you skip by pressing the UP/DOWN arrows but this still doesn't really help if you jump 10 past the one you want.

Hopefully I am missing something and someone can set me straight.....?

Finally Arrived 06/02/12 Very Happy :

Dynamic SD4 Auto - Fuji White/Vortex, Pan Roof, Privacy
14-02-2012 05:06pm
tokio69

I also use a 32Gb stick.
However, it is the second one i bought now cause the previous one was a Class4, now I use a class10.
The class determines the speed of the transfers.
With a class 10 it is about 3 times faster then a Class4 stick.
Not only from the computer to the stick, but also from stick to the evoque screen everything goes much faster.
Before I had some HQ DIVX files playing not smoothly, that problem is now solved since I had the class10 stick.

mostly on ebay the class is not mentioned and i don't recomend to buy a stick with lower speeds then class10

The stick I used is a Kingston R500 series.

Evoque Dynamic 4WD automatic White/Ebony
825W soundsystem, Privacy Glass
Sat Nav
02-03-2012 10:32am
Asty

in car entertainment

(14-02-2012 04:06pm)mcrodgers5 Wrote:  "I'll be putting a large tough drive with all my CDs enoded in mp3 or wma at 192kbps"

Noooo. Use WAV or AIFF - WAV is essentially the file format on a CD, AIFF apple's version which given their near ubiquitous status in professional studios is common. You can't get back the data you chuck away at 192k and with storage so cheap there is no longer any need to. You won't hear your system at anything like it's best using heavily compressed lossy MP3's.

What you meant to say was, "Try ripping a CD to the Meridian system and play that back to back with the same album in mp3 format. If you can't tell the difference ignore WAV and AIFF because you couldn't care less." Smile

Arrived - Pure SD4 Mauritius Blue, tech pack.
02-03-2012 10:29pm