Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
in car entertainment
neil-c

in car entertainment

Hopefully getting my Evoque in a couple of days (Pure with tech pack) and as a bit of a technophobe am wondering the best way to get my music integrated. Both my partner and I have Iphones but was thinking of getting a 32gb usb and putting a load of music on that and having it plugged in all the time.

Firstly, can I transfer music straight from itunes to a stick and plug it in or does it need to be in a seperate format?

Secondly, if i plug an iphone in with a lead will it give access to all playlists etc from the car screen?

Lastly, will it play any videos i have on itunes (quicktime files i think) in the car?

Thanks in advance

Pure SD4 5 door | Orkney Grey | Style 4 alloys | Tech Pack | Panoramic Roof | Privacy Glass | Xenons
29-11-2011 10:33pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: in car entertainment

I find the usb interface works really well, will play from where it left off each time and browses the files and directory structures in an easy way to select bands albums songs. I'll be putting a large tough drive with all my CDs enoded in mp3 or wma at 192kbps into the usb port permanently.

Not sure about I-Phone and I-tunes interface as I have a blackberry which works perfectly on bluetooth for phone.

Have yet to try video but Mov wont work, needs to be divx.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
30-11-2011 12:52am
Evoqess

Agree with Phil (don't have video sorry!)
Love the music choices! If I get bored of a CD, switch to USB tracks or my iPhone 4 (via Bluetooth). The only time I don't have tracknames is if I'm listening to Satellite radio streaming via iPhone Bluetooth. So many options Smile
What was the question? Wink

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
30-11-2011 01:10am
andyuk

Just be careful on what size USB you get!

On my BMW 1 series anything up to 8gb works fine but anything over this I can not read for some very strange reason? That's not to say the Evoque will be the same however! Maybe someone who uses a USB can confirm?

Dynamic SD4 Manual Red with Black contrast & Panaramic Roof, Vortex Interior, 20" Alloys, Privacy Glass, Black Headlining
30-11-2011 10:14pm
cjfp

@andyuk - 32gb working here http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-USB?page=2&highlight=usb

And there is a thread (somewhere) of someone successfully using a portable harddrive

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
30-11-2011 10:24pm
bell-auto-services

I also have a 32 gig working perfectly.

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
30-11-2011 11:05pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

Better thread

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Big-hard-disk

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
01-12-2011 09:49am
SW6RR

Yes - I'm the one using the portable hard drive - works perfectly - 500Gb (even I don't have that many films, but at least it's future proof...!).

Arrived (5/11/11): SD4 5-door "Presnamic" Lux Very Happy Auto, Fuji, Spirit/Tan, Style 8 20" Wheels, fully loaded (bar RSE, smoker's pack and Homelink)
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2011 11:23am by SW6RR.)
01-12-2011 11:23am
ajmooseman

Neil if your a bit of a Technophobe, but can manage itunes and iphones, might be worth paying a little more and investing in a ipod (i guess seconhand would do as your going to see it)

I have my iphone connected via bluetooth for phone, but and old Iphone (flight mode so just ipod really) connected at all times vis cable. at least with the ipod you can easily keep your music up to date and similar to your phone, your playlists will be the same and list goes on.

Disclaimer: FAO of Mark_n and others it may concern
While all efforts will be made to delivery statements in English. I can only apologize for any spelling or grammar mistakes made while posting my thoughts and opinions. If any post featuring such mistakes should offend, then tough SH*T!
01-12-2011 03:18pm
neil-c

Thanks for all the replies, actually have two old iPods so for ease of use that may be the way to go. Anyway would you believe my car turned up at the dealers today with the wrong wheels NNNOOO!!! Dealers fault apparently but have to wait a few more days

Pure SD4 5 door | Orkney Grey | Style 4 alloys | Tech Pack | Panoramic Roof | Privacy Glass | Xenons
01-12-2011 08:55pm