Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
iPod problems?
Vince

iPod problems?

Hi all,

Had my car for about a week, absolutely love it. Bought a 5 door SD4 Dynamic from Lookers Park Royal. Can't give them or the car enough praise.

However, I'm having an issue with the iPod connectivity that's driving me bonkers.

It seems that the iPod randomly doesn't connect correctly, resulting in various odd behaviour. The most common issue I've discovered is that it won't let me browse through the folders on the iPod using the touch screen. Turning the car off and waiting a few minutes then turning it on again fixes it, but it's hit and miss. Had to turn it off and on again (waiting a good few minutes inbetween) 4 times this evening before I could hit the browse button!

Browse button isn't greyed out, lets me press it and beeps at me - but nothing happens. The folders screen just doesn't open.

I'm using an iPod Classic 160GB. Brand new cable (bought to try and remedy this issue!) and have tried plugging it in to both the iPod specific USB port and the alternative, with identical results.

Anyone else experienced any troubles?

Will give Lookers a ring tomorrow.

Thanks,
Vince.
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2011 12:27am by Vince.)
07-12-2011 12:08am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

RE: iPod problems?

I don't know if this helps, in both my current cars when the ipod is connected I can only control it through the cars media interface as the ipod is locked up, have you tried that or doesn't the Evoque allow that.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
07-12-2011 09:59am
griff

Sounds like its your connectivity as my Ipod Classic works fine although if you are playing a play-list it does not seem to want to shuffle the play-list but shuffles all the music which is annoying

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
07-12-2011 10:10am
Vince

(07-12-2011 09:59am)Evo-king Wrote:  I don't know if this helps, in both my current cars when the ipod is connected I can only control it through the cars media interface as the ipod is locked up, have you tried that or doesn't the Evoque allow that.

Sorry if my post was confusing, I am indeed only using the cars touch screen. It's the browse button on the cars screen that doesn't work.

(07-12-2011 10:10am)griff Wrote:  Sounds like its your connectivity as my Ipod Classic works fine although if you are playing a play-list it does not seem to want to shuffle the play-list but shuffles all the music which is annoying

This could be the case, but I'm not sure where to begin if so!

The iPod functioned perfectly fine for the life of my Jaguar XF, and went straight from the XF's centre console to the Evoque's centre console! Already replaced the cable, so fairly certain that isn't the issue. It could be that the iPod is on it's way out I suppose, and I'll try to borrow one to see if I can replicate the behaviour with a different unit.

If I can, back to the dealers with the car, I guess. It might be a relatively minor issue, but I expect it to work.
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2011 04:41pm by Vince.)
07-12-2011 04:29pm
mark_n

I'm using my old iPod Classic in the car and it works fine. I just use the standard dock cable plugged in to the USB connector in the central cubby. You might think of resetting the iPod on iTunes, then upgrading to the latest software and reloading your music so that your iPod is "fresh". Clutching at straws a little but the iPod Classic seems to be the oldest iPod they support so software level might be an issue.

I also tried an iPod Touch which works fine as well.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
08-12-2011 06:00pm
ChuckieB

Spent some time trying to set up my iPod touch through the USB ports and it seems to connect through the USB ok but not the iPod designated USB. Any thoughts before I put it down to being a dodgy port?

Thanks.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
26-02-2012 06:51pm
Craig_d1

If you can, borrow someone else's iPod and try it in your car. If you get the same problems you know the car is at fault. If not, buy a new iPod.
Next step if it's the car is to work out whether it's software or hardware( by look of it prob software as sometimes works on restarting car, sometimes not, so seems like a bootup problem)
I'm sure the dealer would be able to reinstall the software controlling the iPod
27-02-2012 10:43am
ChuckieB

(27-02-2012 10:43am)Craig_d1 Wrote:  If you can, borrow someone else's iPod and try it in your car. If you get the same problems you know the car is at fault. If not, buy a new iPod.
Next step if it's the car is to work out whether it's software or hardware( by look of it prob software as sometimes works on restarting car, sometimes not, so seems like a bootup problem)
I'm sure the dealer would be able to reinstall the software controlling the iPod

Thanks. Have managed to find another usb cable which seems to be a tighter fit and it works!

I knew I bought my I pod touch 2 years ago for good reason. I can have that linked into the USB and my I phone on bluetooth. Best of both worlds!

Do notcie that all the software seems to operate quite slowly. That's something they are definitely going to have to improve.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
27-02-2012 02:38pm
VirtualCamper

I connected my iPhone 3GS via the iPod dock and it worked perfectly, BUT then after i had listened to the radio I went back to the iPhone which I could see was playing. It no sound!
Switched back to radio - got sound
iPhone again - no sound???

Any ideas?
I'll try again tomorrow

2017 Evoque SE Tech - Kaikoura Stone - > PREVIOUSLY - 5dr Pure Mauritius blue with panoramic roof, power tailgate.
03-03-2012 11:06pm
Ranger4

(03-03-2012 11:06pm)VirtualCamper Wrote:  I connected my iPhone 3GS via the iPod dock and it worked perfectly, BUT then after i had listened to the radio I went back to the iPhone which I could see was playing. It no sound!
Switched back to radio - got sound
iPhone again - no sound???

Any ideas?
I'll try again tomorrow

I could be wrong, but isn't this the problem with iOS5? Is that the operating system on your iPhone? The music cuts out after 15/20 seconds on mine. Hopefully when apple release a new update (I think there's one coming today?) then it might work properly.

At present I'm connecting my iPhone via Bluetooth (for telephone) and now connected an old iPod via USB for all my music - but I'll only keep this setup until the iOS5 connectivity issues get sorted by Apple.

5 door, SD4 Auto, Dynamic LUX, Orkney Grey, Verve Interior, Ebony Headlining, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel......
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2012 10:07pm by Ranger4.)
07-03-2012 10:03pm