Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
iPod Nano + iPhone connectivity
is1983

iPod Nano + iPhone connectivity

I am picking up my Evoque Pure Tech SD4 Auto on the 2nd of August, my plan is to get an iPod Nano to handle my music connected through the iPod USB port. Will I still be able to receive calls through Bluetooth from my iPhone?

Has the problem that causes it to loose connection been resolved or does that only apply if your phone is connected to the USB port?

I've just upgraded most of my music using iTunes Match from 192 to 256 Kbps.
28-07-2013 04:25pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

RE: iPod Nano + iPhone connectivity

Well, I don't see any reason why you should have issues with the iphone?

I have a nano plugged in all of the time, and get Bluetooth calls in no problem.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
28-07-2013 05:18pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
is1983

(28-07-2013 05:18pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  Well, I don't see any reason why you should have issues with the iphone?

I have a nano plugged in all of the time, and get Bluetooth calls in no problem.

Thanks,

One more question that's just come to mind...am I right in assuming that the evoque just connects automatically to the iPod? I wouldn't have to wake the nano up each time I turned the ignition on would I?
28-07-2013 05:40pm
RacingSnake

yep
Mine is permanently connected, and just wakes itself up when I start the car.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
28-07-2013 06:30pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
is1983

(28-07-2013 06:30pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  yep
Mine is permanently connected, and just wakes itself up when I start the car.

Thanks, I just wanted to be sure before I go and get a nano tomorrow.
28-07-2013 10:29pm
scrannel

I and at least another on this (I think this) forum have experienced the following: we have both left our Nano plugged in and come out to find the Nano battery dead. And we both have 2013 cars. FWIW.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
29-07-2013 04:52am
griff

That is true. it can also happen with the IPod Classic in my case. I find that if I am using the IPod every day it is not a problem but in my experience the best bet is to just change to radio when you stop. That way the IPod goes to sleep rather than staying on expecting to be played.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
29-07-2013 08:06am
dynamicgirl

(29-07-2013 04:52am)scrannel Wrote:  I and at least another on this (I think this) forum have experienced the following: we have both left our Nano plugged in and come out to find the Nano battery dead. And we both have 2013 cars. FWIW.

This happens with my IPod Nano too if I leave it plugged in, but I don't think this is an issue/fault as such, as it does say at the bottom of Page 124 of the Owner's Handbook -

"Please disconnect your IPod when leaving the vehicle. Failure to do so may result in the IPod battery discharging".
29-07-2013 09:33am
RacingSnake

ooer.
Mine has been plugged in continuously for over a year now!! lol

29-07-2013 12:22pm
chapmac

Hi - if you are planning only to use the nano in the car wouldn't a USB drive be easier?

I'm a big Apple fan but use one of these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Verbatim-43941-N...m+nano+usb

They are absolutely tiny and only protrude about 3mm so don't take up any space in the cubby hole and you wouldn't have to worry about charging or battery drain issues. Oh yes, and at under a tenner for the 16GB version they are £120 cheaper than an ipod nano!

All you have to do is drag and drop your music from your itunes music library folder. This is organised by artist and the same file structure is replicated on Evoque's interface, with artist, album and track names. As long as your itunes library is well organised, then its easy.

ED4 Pure Tech in Santorini Black with privacy glass, panoramic roof, front fogs and anthractite headlining. Added 19" Style 3 wheels and dynamic grille
29-07-2013 09:51pm