Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
iOS 6 insanity or RRE fickle?
ADZ

iOS 6 insanity or RRE fickle?

Howzit everyone.
I've been reading the iOS 6 and iPhone 5 threads. OK, not all of them but you get my general drift. So then swiftly on to my issue. Dealing with an iPhone 4 running on iOS 6 I was merrily driving along the coast road listening to my tunes via Bluetooth when my phone rang. I pressed the green phone as I usually would only to realise that (1) the phone was not ringing through the speakers as per usual, and (2) the green button was not doing anything. I then had to pull a highly illegal manoeuvre and answer the phone using speakerphone. Upon reaching my destination I rebooted the phone (and the vehicle!) and made a call. Of course, I could not replicate the problem. Being the type of person I am I need to find a reason for the malfunction. Anybody else out there have a similar issue and, if so, how can I prevent this happening in future?
Thanks one and all Very Happy

Fuji White Dynamic with contrast roof in black. SD4 5 door with lots of lovely stuff!
Ordered Feb 2012 Arrived: 26 July 2012 Loving it Smile
18-10-2012 03:15pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NightFox

RE: iOS 6 insanity or RRE fickle?

It sounds like the iPhone's phone hadn't properly paired up with the car's phone. Even though you had the two paired for music, the phone connection is a different 'service' over the Bluetooth connection. I don't think it's either the car or the phone, and certainly nothing to worry about, it's just Bluetooth in general isn't a flawless system.

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
18-10-2012 03:32pm
ADZ

RE: iOS 6 insanity or RRE fickle?

Hi NightFox. I'm wondering though as the phone functioned absolutely perfectly since I took delivery and subsequent to the upgrade to iOS 6 as well as after I did the reboot. So the answer is totally random I guess. Thank you for your response Smile and may your build date be confirmed real soon!

Fuji White Dynamic with contrast roof in black. SD4 5 door with lots of lovely stuff!
Ordered Feb 2012 Arrived: 26 July 2012 Loving it Smile
18-10-2012 03:39pm