Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
headrest TV/monitors
robc1738

headrest TV/monitors

I have been considering getting after market TV/DVD monitors for my pure to keep the kids happy,(Don't really want to let them in the car) however i'm not prepared to pay twice as much as I have paid for my 50" flat screen for a couple of 9" monitors!
I know there are plenty of replacement headrest/TV advertised on Ebay but i'm looking for something that will match my ebony interior?

Pure SD4 manual, Fugi, Ebony leather, black contrast pano roof, 20" black wheels, tinted windows, xenon lights, fogs, front parking sensors
11-02-2012 10:04am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hfu1

RE: headrest TV/monitors

(11-02-2012 10:04am)robc1738 Wrote:  I have been considering getting after market TV/DVD monitors for my pure to keep the kids happy,(Don't really want to let them in the car) however i'm not prepared to pay twice as much as I have paid for my 50" flat screen for a couple of 9" monitors!
I know there are plenty of replacement headrest/TV advertised on Ebay but i'm looking for something that will match my ebony interior?

One option I took was buying the iPad holder from vogels (about 90 quid). This combined with iPad is a cheaper alternative. Fits very nicely behind the headrest and is a quality product.
11-02-2012 12:07pm
THEMACS

(11-02-2012 12:07pm)hfu1 Wrote:  One option I took was buying the iPad holder from vogels (about 90 quid). This combined with iPad is a cheaper alternative. Fits very nicely behind the headrest and is a quality product.

Yep, thats what we have got, much cheaper than the £2300 optionShockedShocked

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
11-02-2012 12:28pm
WB
WB

Same here - already had one iPad so bought another and two griffin headrest cases from amazon! Bargain and bigger screens / better functionality.
11-02-2012 12:52pm
steviep

I've got a nextbase click 9 which is a 9" dvd player which straps onto the head rest (it was about £150 when I bought it and that included a pair of infra-red headphones), it also plays USB and memory stick files. You can also get the duo pack whcih has two screens which play the same source.

The dvd player comes with straps whcih attach to the headrest (an optional mount is also available) and can be used in the house with the supplied ac adapter.

Only issue with it is it has to be plugged into a power supply.

Stevie

Pure 2.2TD4 5dr, Orkney Grey (Fog Lights; Front Parking Sensors; Automatic Lights and Automatic Wipers)

Deposit paid: 25 Sept 11
Order date: 28 February 12
At dealers: 17 May 12
Collecting: 21 May 12
11-02-2012 04:55pm
robc1738

Thanks guys I will look at all the options you have suggested!

I take it all the options you have suggested will have wires hanging down for a power supply? I cant think what the solution to that would be!

Pure SD4 manual, Fugi, Ebony leather, black contrast pano roof, 20" black wheels, tinted windows, xenon lights, fogs, front parking sensors
12-02-2012 10:19pm
The Valeter

Problem is the LR kit is as usual way over priced but it does look very nice, you have no cables, you have no hastle in finding a product to fit & works properly, you can watch the TV on them too & if it goes wrong it is covered on the warranty.
The other thing I would be concerned about with having portable units strapped or fixed to the headrests is if you break suddenly a rear passenger smacking their face into the screen & bracket! They also wobble when driving too!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 13-02-2012 12:14am by The Valeter.)
13-02-2012 12:12am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
robc1738

Has anyone tried aftermarket replacement DVD headrests?
(11-02-2012 12:07pm)hfu1 Wrote:  One option I took was buying the iPad holder from vogels (about 90 quid). This combined with iPad is a cheaper alternative. Fits very nicely behind the headrest and is a quality product.

I don't own an iPad however I would consider buying one or two if the kids are going to fight over it!

I am concerned if it is a mess on though converting DVDs so they can watch them.

Whats your thoughts?

By the way the Vogel looks quite smart!

(This post was last modified: 13-02-2012 11:29am by robc1738.)
13-02-2012 10:34am
Tosh

I bought a bit of software from CucuSoft that converts DVDs into the files that the Ipad/phone/touch will play and it works great

Cheaper to buy DVDs on the cheap and convert than pay iTunes prices. Yes a bit of a hassle but having downloaded a whole TV series for the wife before she went into hospital, far far quicker!

Prestige 5dr SD4 auto. Lux pack. Ipanema sand/Spirit. Privacy glass. Ordered 10 Sept, delivered 6 March 2012
14-02-2012 12:44pm
Mounty

Any pics of your Ipad solutions?
14-02-2012 01:07pm