Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
finally GPS that works in the Evoque
BA74

RE: finally GPS that works in the Evoque

Hi Mark - was driving to Canberra today and reckon I saw you on Sutton Rd about 2pm ish. Was I right???

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
10-07-2015 08:39am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mark^^

yeap would have been me, on my way home from shopping. Been unwell so had a few days off and had to go into town for some shopping.

Fuji White Dynamic SD4 – auto, with Energy interior and pano roof.
10-07-2015 09:08am
vijay29

Hi,

This is my first post here, so please be nice to me.

I bought my evoque Pure 2 years ago, and the absence of navigation was annoying me to a fullest extent. Reading this thread increased my curiosity to explore this one. But my concern is installing a after market GPS will void my warranty and create issues with my insurance?

Thanks again.

VJ
23-07-2015 08:07am
Mark^^

It makes no sense that this would void warranty or insurance, it is in effect the same as plugging in your mobile or iPod via the cables, other than its there full time. Also the people who installed it a firm that it wont void warranty. I don't even think the numpties at JLR would even notice that it was there.

23-07-2015 12:38pm
vijay29

(23-07-2015 12:38pm)Mark^^ Wrote:  It makes no sense that this would void warranty or insurance, it is in effect the same as plugging in your mobile or iPod via the cables, other than its there full time. Also the people who installed it a firm that it wont void warranty. I don't even think the numpties at JLR would even notice that it was there.

Thanks Mark...It is more comforting to know now.

VJ
(This post was last modified: 24-07-2015 04:26am by vijay29.)
24-07-2015 04:23am
PhilSkill

You would likely have to remove it, if you were expecting JLR to investigate an issue with the Entertainment system under warranty though! they will only deal with and return a car at original condition. It wont affect other Warranty areas of the car though.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
24-07-2015 11:45am
vijay29

Thanks PhilSkill.

is it a easy one to remove from the car when I would like JLR to investigate an issue with the entertainment system?

VJ

Range Rover Evoque Black SD4 Pure Auto 2013 with Panaromic Roof, Auto tail gate and automatic parking
27-07-2015 06:38am
Mark^^

From Naviplus

If you ever found the price of 'Genuine' Sat Nav from Land Rover dealership was outrageous (Which pretty much is), you might wanna check out this system. Our system is an OEM Navigation system, not OEM 'Style' or imitation, It's literally an OEM system manufactured by genuine supplier to Land Rover.

Land Rover drivers will know, that the main menu of audio system shows only Audio/Video and Phone section if the car doesn't have Factory Navigation system. Our system 'restores' hidden section left our for Navigation and 'installs' Navigation along with it.

In other word, It Installs Navigation and makes shortcut inside of main menu.

This system is fully compatible with ANY Land Rover vehicle from 2013 that has 8" Touch display audio system.

★★This system is simply plug & play, no such feature loss or changed and that's our guarantee.★★

Our system comes with licensed iGO Primo mapping, that has genuine license by authorized reseller of AU, Tunez.

Also, the mapping comes with 1 year unlimited Free upgrade, so you can update your map whenever you want / whenever update is available, within that year. (The map is still usable even if that period is finished smile emoticon ) If you are a Land Rover owner or going to become an one & looking for a Navigation system, we are always here for you.

If you have questions contact Naviplus on 03 9995 6580

28-07-2015 11:25am
vijay29

Hi Mark, Just contacted the Naviplus guys. Will let you know how it goes.

VJ

Range Rover Evoque Black SD4 Pure Auto 2013 with Panaromic Roof, Auto tail gate and automatic parking
30-07-2015 05:28am
vijay29

I finally ended up installing the navigation system over the weekend. The maps looks wonderful and very easy to use. No issues till now...will give it a go for a week at least and then post my feedback here.

VJ

10-08-2015 02:15am