Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
exhaust delete
Clip

exhaust delete

I visited a mate the other day that has a 4 year old diesel HiLux. I'd driven it before, but he threw me the keys and asked me to take it for a run, which I did. It performed much better than what I recall, but he wouldn't tell me anything until we stopped. When we stopped, he told me to get and listen to the exhaust. I couldn't really hear anything, maybe a little louder, but if he hadn't asked me to listen to it, I wouldn't have noticed it. He then told me that he completely removed all the mufflers and joined the pipes together. I asked him if he'd touched the cat or the DPF (wasn't sure if they had them anyway), but he said didn't remove anything other than the mufflers.

So, a big difference on the HiLux performance. Still quiet, you'd never know it didn't have any mufflers.

Wondering if anyone has tried this on their Evoque??? I'm very tempted given the noticeable performance improvement it made on the HiLux. It should also be a relatively 'safe' mod to do too.
25-04-2017 08:46am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Steve D

RE: exhaust delete

Removing mufflers, or silencers as we call them over here, will have no noticeable difference in performance unless they were blocked in the first place. You'd certainly notice a difference in exhaust sound. He's had it 'de-catted' and that will make a difference. Not massive, but noticeable and illegal over here in the UK anyway.

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 25-04-2017 09:23am by Steve D.)
25-04-2017 09:22am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply